what can a 1yr old not eat

princessellie

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
i know a lot of things say avoid before 1 so does that mean that past 1 a baby can eat anything at all, including undercooked meat / eggs etc?? im worried to give leyla certain things in case its not 1 or in case its somehow based on weight as well as age, she is only 20lbs still, very little for her age so thought id best check first

:D

x

They can eat everything at 1, I am not aware of anything that is a no go, unless they have family history of allergies.

With meat and eggs - personally I wouldn't feed Izzy meat that wasn't properly cooked, like a rare steak, I just don't see the point!
Boiled eggs with runny middles are ok so long as they are actually cooked properly.

Yep thats it, so they can have toast to dip in it at last!!!!

ooh cool, although think i will hold off on giving her that cos im sooo desperate for a chucky egg myself but still have 6 months till i can :(

thanks for help babes

x

Big pieces of nuts are out until age 3 though!

ok thanks hun, i gave her a half a hazelnut the other day and she really struggled cos she only has 4 teeth lol, will have to hold off on all nuts i think for a good while lol

:D

x

popcorn is also out until 3 I think.

I think it's mainly just nuts. Peanut butter is fine if it's smooth. Runny eggs are fine as long as the white is cooked :)

we avoid nuts because of the choking hazard but Hannah has pretty much everything else

They can have anything hun, apart from nuts. Obviously not much stuff like chips/crisps but thats obvious :dohh: haha x

I was told honey is okay after 12 months. Hannah's had it but hated it

Honey is ok after 1 year, Brooke loves honey on tost just like me :cloud9: yummmm

As the others have said really hun,

Oh I forgot about nuts - it isn't something I really eat so don't really think about it!
Saying that though my OH has peanut butter so she might try that.
Honey is definitely over 1 as the chance of botulism has gone when they are that age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->