What can I add to her diet?

S

Serene123

Caitlyn has practically the same stuff everyday

Breakfast: Porridge with a yogurt or toast.
Lunch: Half a sandwich (usually Dairylea) with a rusk or babybell, and a yogurt or some fruit after.
Dinner: Veg, different veg. She loves her veggies, she will eat a whole bowl of them! Fruit or yogurt if she wants something after.

She still BFs 3-4 times in the day and 2-3 times in the night. She's a little piggy but she is so active I'm not worried about it. Just wondering if she needs anything else in her diet. Meat maybe? Is meat necessary?

I'm not sure but wanted to say you're doing so well. She's been introduced to lots of stuff already I'm stull having trouble getting Caitlyn to eat anything other than fruit! Anything with lumps in, she just wont have. Whats your secret? :rofl:

well done hun x

My secret is.. a baby that loves finger food! I let her feel everything she eats, even if it's mashed up.. She's not really fussy though. I'm quite lucky in that respect. Persistance is also good. If she thinks she doesn't like it I offer her it everyday..

To get her to eat cheese I put 4 mini rusks on her tray with a babybell (they're the same size) and she picked up the babybell.. She was abit shocked when she first put it in her mouth but now she looooooooves cheese. They just need to get used to taste I guess.

I was told to introduce meat once he was 6 months (he started solids at 4). The main thing was chicken as its a really good source of protein. I would suggest adding some to her night time meal. The protein is also supposed to help them sleep better.

meat and fish are good to add now, mine loved salmon, it is great because it just flakes when cooked
you could add scrambled egg and pasta is a good one as well, you can get teeny little star shapes

i'd suggest meat for teh protein and iron, but i guess you can get these from other things.

I've been told to avoid cheese and cows milk until my LO is 1. Gosh, the advice differs everywhere!

yesterday we bought some really big rigatoni pasta to have for our tea. We ended up giving Alasdair some to play with and he did amazingly well for it. He's only 6 months tomorrow (yeah we introduced gluten 3 days early...) so Caitlyn would do even better with it. I agree about the protein stuff but I thought it'd make a nice change from bread maybe? I gave Alasdair some without anything on it, some tomato-ey sauce and then some mixed together.

Iv been adding meat for some time...i haven't offered any fish yet, iv also started giving little pasta stars as part of a meal, he loves them...x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->