What can i do with my fish?

FEDup1981

Mam of two & two angels
Reaction score
Im wanting rid of my fish tank. Since having the baby i havent had time to care for it, clean it properly. Amazingly 4 fish are still alive. They are old in terms of fish age (4!) what can i do with them? I doubt anyone take them cos of their age, dirty tank :blush:

Can you take them to Pets at Home or another Pet store? Or RSPCA?

Could you not clean the tank out and sell it on a FB page or something?? And give the fish to young family members for Christmas :D

I was planning on giving the tank away, but not sure how too transport the fish or if they'd survive .Any ideas how to transprt them?

I need a good few hours with my hubby to clean it out properly, its quite big, but LO doesnt like being put down for more than a minute, hence the mess its got.

To transport the fish in the tank you would have to remove three quartrs of the tank volume, ideally saving half of the water you've taken out. Then top it up with the saved water and fresh water when it's at it's new house.

As long as the fish aren't left for hours they should be fine. I have moved house tice now with three fish tanks.

Of course the buyer would have to do all the moving etc.

Yes theyre cold water fish. Gonna clean it out tomorrow and offer it to someone on a freebie site.

I'm not a fish expert or anything.. But I've brought cold water fish before and they've always just put the fish in a bag with water from the tank.. The last time I brought cold water fish they told me to keep them in the bag in the tank for 15 to 30 minutes and then just transfer them back over. Should be quite simple.

Might have been more difficult if they were tropical or marine fish though lol

Try here, we always sell tanks/fish etc here.

https://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->