What car do you drive/recommend?

B

Belle25

Currently car shopping, and we can't make our minds up:dohh:

Would like to hear whAt all you have-would you recommend a certain brand/car?

Any brand to avoid?

At the moment we are leaning towards a new Kia sportage, or second hand Volvo xc90. But open to suggestions :flower:
Xx

We love our Ford Focuses, we had an old one for over 7 years and did it brilliantly, then we bought the newer model this year. Easy to drive, reliable *touchwood* and looks good. Although DH thinks it's going to be too small as a family of 4 so he wants to look into.....the Ford Focus estate lol.

I have a VW Golf 1.9 diesel bluemotion. Does about 750-800 miles on a full tank (costs about 75€ to fill). I love it so much.

I've got a 1.6 ford focus zetec s. Its white. I really love it although I do wish we'd got the 1.8. Loads of room, fits us all in nicely! I put £20 in a week and get about 170 miles out of it (I think).

Kia has proved itself in recent years becoming really popular now

Take a look at the skoda octavia/seat Toledo

We currently have a Hyundai Santa Fe and a Skoda Octavia VRS - work horse cars (you can guess when we got these, hehe) - reliable, cheap to run and lots of space. Not sexy but have done their purpose.

Previously we had a Nissan Murano, Jag S-Type R - both expensive to run, more luxury. Both great for space (apart from the Jag's boot) but pricey.

Prior to that, Honda Civic Type R, Toyota MR2 - both silly.

Prior to that, Fiesta Zetec-S and Subaru Impreza WRX - boys (and girls ;-)) toys.

Inlaws have an X3, Mum has a Civic Si, Dad has a Skoda Fabia Estate and Fabia hatch.

I recommend space so a hatch minimum! But look at tax, insurance, MPG etc.

We have a 13 plate 1.6 tdi ford focus and a 53 plate 1.4 megane the one with the big bum, the focus is fab to drive so much room we have only had it 6 weeks, the megane is good too but heavy to drive again so much space boots huge x

I drive a 1.8 ford focus zetec. Has the performance of a 1.4 and drinks fuel like a 2 litre.Its ok big enough for a family of 4 we also have a big dog so she fits in the boot nicely. Boot space is nice ours is a W reg so old but its fine for what we want it for. OH had a works car but thats a Ford Puma but that small lol! Ford do rust the only problem and are known for it.

I drive a Ford Explorer and I love it. Roomy without being too big iykwim? Easy to handle and park (and I'm terrible at parking)

We have..

57 plate Vectra Sri - Great family car and for a petrol auto its fab on fuel (40 + mpg on a run) .. Great size boot and really nice to drive.

51 plate VW Golf V5 - Amazing little car but fuel consumption is not the best (20mpg round town, 28-30 on a run) .. But its my little run around and perfect for what i need. Fair size boot and comfortable. Oh and its mega fun to drive :)

Astra 1.6 and we have a love/hate relationship :haha:

Recommending a car without knowing your requirements is almost impossible - where do you live? How many miles a year? Budget?

I have a Volkswagen Jetta tdi and love it. I do a lot of driving for work and have found it really economical and it's a pleasure to drive. I'm planning on keeping it for another year while I'm on maternity leave then changing to a 4wd for practical reasons, we live in the country and in the winter it's a nightmare to get to the shop let alone 40 miles to work over a mountain

Recommending a car without knowing your requirements is almost impossible - where do you live? How many miles a year? Budget?

She gave 2 examples so you have a rough idea.

I would go XC90 out of those 2. I just found the Sportage so boring when I test drove it.

For me though, it will always be the XC70. I bloody love them and after quite a few test drives knew it was for perfect for me.

I have a Mini.. I do love her (yes she's a her :haha:) but it's a pain they don't have five seats sometimes and I'd like the boot to be a tiny bit bigger

She gave 2 examples so you have a rough idea.

I would go XC90 out of those 2. I just found the Sportage so boring when I test drove it.

For me though, it will always be the XC70. I bloody love them and after quite a few test drives knew it was for perfect for me.
Budgets can range hugely even with a couple of examples... It would be good to know how much they are looking to spend as if its 8k I wouldn't recommend the same thing as 20k.

Diesel and petrol is not answered by giving examples either, hence asking how many miles a year.

Where you live can make a difference to what you buy, I used to live in rural cumbria and what I drove there was very different to what I now have in the city.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->