What clothes and how many would you recommend to put on registry?

MEPride

Reaction score
As the title suggests...

Baby girl is due Sept 28, 2017. I have quite a bit of newborn, and the way she's growing she probably won't be in NB for too long, so I was going to register for 3M and maybe some 6M.

I am also thinking that I don't want to register for too many because I can get clothes cheaply and would rather receive other, more needed, items, like a changing pad or bottles.

So... knowing she is to be born in Autumn, what kinds of clothes and how many of each is recommended?

Honestly, I would probably skip registering for clothing. In addition to clothing that you can find for yourself (and will likely want to because buying baby clothing is SUPER fun) you'll probably be inundated with hand-me-downs from friends/co-workers. Maybe if there's something specific you know you want you could throw that on there, but, in my experience, clothing is one of those things that has a tendency to just appear without having to seek it out.

IF you do decide to put clothes on there, I would put older clothes. People LOVE buying newborn onesies but most babies will grow out of them within a few weeks (some don't even fit in them when they're born!). You could always throw a few 0-3 or even 3-6 month things on there, just for good measure. Personally, when they're that little I tend to skip the full outfits and favor the one pieces. Much easier to get on/off and you don't have to deal with putting anything over their head.

Plenty of people tend to buy baby clothes for a shower, so it's not something you really need to put on a registry. I would, however, put gift cards on the registry so you can go pick out these adorable clothes without spending the money! I got quite a few gift cards at my shower. For baby clothes, I tend to shop at Kohls when they have great sales/clearance and a 30% off coupon. When I had one baby, I only did his laundry once a week, and I don't really dress my babies unless we're going out. I'll keep them in a sleep n play (light or fleece) or onesie, depending on the temperature in the house. My babies also tend to just wear a diaper after they've dirtied their first outfit or two in a day. haha. As long as the house is warm. :) I DO have a ton of baby clothes, though. Don't get me wrong. I buy them at yard sales instead of buying them new (especially pajamas and onesies), and my mom likes to get each kid a few new pieces in each size as they grow. I don't USE most of the clothes I have, though. And I've never had an autumn baby, but I have two general "seasons" of clothes - summer (shorts, tank tops, tee shirts, light dresses) and winter (long sleeves, pants, and hoodies/coats/snow suits). I dress my newborns in lightweight sleep n plays (when we go out), no matter what season. I wear them anyway, so they're always warm, but I can also pile on fleece blankets or add a winter suit if it's cold.

As the PP said, I wouldn't register for clothes. You'll get clothes whether your register for it or not. And you may not even like a lot of it—after all, we all have different taste. When DS was born, tons people—people whom I never would have expected to send a baby gift—came out of the woodwork and gave us little outfits. We had so much clothes that I swear I didn't need to buy anything for the first 9 months.

I'd focus your registry on the things that you really need (car seat, etc.), and use gift cards fill in the clothes and smaller items.

Thank you ladies!!! I really appreciate the answers!!

I would only register for specialty clothing items like an infant swim suit, swim diapers, stroller bunting bag for the winter, rain suit, etc.

I haven't personally purchased any clothes for my daughter, everything has been either gifts or hand me downs. I literally have enough clothes to get her to three years old and I didn't even have a baby shower.

I would register other things. You could register Halo sleep sacks. I loved those things and it's not something a lot of people would think of to get you. As far as clothes, if you want to register some I'd do sleep and plays in various sizes. My dd lived in those things as they are so easy and look so comfy. I only dressed her in outfits if I was going out. Most likely, a lot of people will get you the cute little outfits. I had tons that daughter never wore bc I had so many and, like i said, dressed her in sleep and plays most of the time.

My experience is people buy clothes they want not what you register for lol also clothes periodically go on sale/are relatively cheap/have coupons so I would rather register for other things. I still ended up with an armful of clothes despite not registering for a single outfit lol and very few cake with the gift receipt r_r

As the title suggests...

Baby girl is due Sept 28, 2017. I have quite a bit of newborn, and the way she's growing she probably won't be in NB for too long, so I was going to register for 3M and maybe some 6M.

I am also thinking that I don't want to register for too many because I can get clothes cheaply and would rather receive other, more needed, items, like a changing pad or bottles.

So... knowing she is to be born in Autumn, what kinds of clothes and how many of each is recommended?

I'm just throwing it out there that I'm due with my baby girl on the 27th of September! Cheers!:hugs:

I agree with previous posts, clothes tend to just show up. I did put a few on mine but that's so I can remember to get them myself :haha:

I didn't put any clothes on the registry. I did put blankets and swaddles on there, but not clothes. We got so many hand-me-downs, plus people tend to buy clothes even if they aren't on the registry.

People love giving clothes at baby showers. So I only registered for a few key items that I found essential the first time around and that people don't normally get: winter coat, open bottom sleep gowns, and swaddlers. Hth!

Back to clothes: I just spent 4 hours and 50 miles to return $125 worth of clothes (and those were just the ones who gave me gift receipts lol). And not a single one was on my registry or even from the store I registered at. :rofl:

I wouldn't register clothes you will get them anyway and it's not likely that they will be what's on your registry or the size you wanted. I would register diapers and all of the things you really need and you will likely still end up with a plethora of clothes and other things not on the registry.

I only registered for a few pieces of clothing - people aren't really going to search the racks for specific outfits, but it's handy if someone wants to shop online. I usually buy a practical gift and then pick out a cute outfit and I think people generally love picking baby clothes. I really just put on enough things to go people an idea of our tastes so they would hopefully keep that in mind when picking out clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->