What contraception?

aussiettc

Mum of 4 and ttc#5
Reaction score
Hi ladies

As the title says i'm wondering what contraception you are all using.
I was thinking about the merina (SP?) its an IUD
has anyone used it before and if so what was it like?

My doctor tried to convince me to get the mirena, but tbh I wasn't keen. So i've gone back on the pill, i'm on Cilest.

i'm on microgynon 30 and always have been. i tried the patch a few weeks back but hated it after only one day! xx

have decided to just use condoms at the moment as I don't want to go back on the pill and my doc advised me to avoid the coil if I wanted to have more children - increased risk of pelviic inflammatory disease and recommend to leave to coil in for 5 years. we want to have another LO soon-ish maybe start trying when she is around 12-18 months.

would be really interested to see what methods everyone else has chosen!

Nothing but condoms for the last 11 years.

Got fed up with the pill to be honest...and messing my body up hormonally on a daily basis. The only BCP that ever suited me got de-licensed, and the others available at the time messed me up so badly I was a complete emotional train-wreck, so one day I just decided no more pill.

Hi.
i had the mirena coil put in about 5months ago. i was supose to have one after dd3 but chickened out i was scared stiff!!! so i had the injection instead... this turned me in to a raving physcho lol and after 6months i didnt go back for another dose.
after ds4 i knew what i had to do lol.... it was honestly not half as bad as id expected - by the time i said 'ouch' it was all done. i bled for the rest of the day & since then ive never had any bleeding even spotting & no pains or anything!!

I'm on the mirena, i was so scared to get it at first but so far i haven't had any problems! fingers crossed! lol. and gl finding the right birth control for you

Thanks guys
I have really heavy painful periods so thats why the OB recommended marina.
I'm crap at remembering the pill and since i had a bad experience with a spinal 2 /12 years ago i'm not good with needles and i have problems with condoms due to the lubricants on them. LOL i'm a problem aren't I:haha:

I'm still interested in hearing other peoples choices and advice.

Hi,

After having my daughter I had really painful and heavy periods do after talking to my doctor I decided to go on the injection........... BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE!!!!

I had to have it very 3months and my painful periods stopped which were good the only think is I felt like I was constantly on my period. I had about 3-4 lots of the injection some months were better than others. When I went for the last injection I spoke to the nurse about it and she says it sometimes takes awhile to fully stop your period..... After that was the last time I went and I was non stop bleeding for 4.5months. Did get a period for awhile then I came on really heavy and painful for just over 3weeks :(

I was always on the pill before hand but after I fell pregnant with dd I didnt trust it. Now I am nothing and dont need to be as me and oh split up 3months ago. So im looking forward to having nothing in my system and letting my body get back to normal (but they have told me after the injection this could take upto 6-12months) :nope:

I did really well on the implant (implanon)

After about 3-4 months of random bleeding (but nowhere near as much as normal) the bleeding went down to about 2 days every 6 months

It was fantastic for me as my AF is a fucking nightmare, being off BC for TTC is atrocious

I know it's not for everyone, but it worked wonders for me did the implant. I was put on the mini pill to test out the hormone for side effects before they put the implant in, it was great :thumbup:

i had the merina coil put in bled heavily for 6 weeks strange and really bad cramps to the point i collasped in agony so i had it taken out then bled another 2 weeks after having it taken out x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->