What detergent do you use?

Laucu

Reaction score
Just curious to know what detergent people use to wash their cloth nappies! (Sorry if there is already a thread like this...I couldn't find one).

I've been using Ecover non-bio liquid but am thinking about trying something else as I seem to have a lot of build up in my BGs. I want to use a free and clear (as recommended by BG) but there just doesn't seem to be much choice in the UK. I have heard that Bold 2in1 is good, but I'm scared it's going to eat through the PUL and elastic over time.

So what do you all use?

I use bold 2in1 gel hun.... since using this i havent had to do a strip wash in 4/5 months! I love the stuff my nappies come and clean and they smell lovely!!

I generally use what ever's on offer at the supermarket!
But last week i went & bought bold 2in1 powder specially & thats working fine!

I use Tescos non-bio tablets! I use 1/4-1/2 of one tablet and a scoop of bio D nappy fresh.
xxx

Bold 2 in 1 worked fantastically for us! but Alex has very sensitive skin so ive since moved to fairy.

If youre getting a build up, maybe you need to strip wash?

Tesco Non bio powder and Napisan sometimes. :D

I heard bold 2 n 1 was good..well I smelt how good it was when I recieved my first nappies..and that is what she used...
but forgive me if Im just daft..but how do you use it..
I always use surf for our clothes and put it in the compartment to do the washing ...
so do i just add the liquid in the compartment 2 as well..or do you use it in the washer directly..
( I swear Im not simple..but in Australia we use a little ball that you fill with any liquid and throw it in the washer and the ball pops open at the time for the soap to be released...thats what everyone I know uses in Aus..so I dont know any better):blush:

I use a mix of Bold 2in1 and Fairy :) I buy the boxes of powder, and put it into the detergent drawer of my machine :)

ohh you used the powder..okay I thought it was liquid..but why do you mix..is there a reason why?

I like them both :rofl:

I used to wash one time with Bold, the next time with Fairy etc. As I love the clean feel from Fairy, but the scent of the Bold. Then I bought a couple of nappies from someone on here, and they smelled delish, but still felt all squeaky clean! So I asked what she used, and she said she did half Bold and half fairy :) So I started doing the same. No idea if I'm breaking all sorts of guidelines, but it's working for us :rofl:

I suppose you could do it with the liquids too. When I used the Fairy non-bio liquid, I got a ball dispenser that went into the machine drum with the clothes/nappies. I just went onto the Fairy website and they sent me one for free :)

i use fairy liquid and if i use napisan i do it in the prewash section of the drawer as its a powder lol and then i do a prewash lol but normally its just 1/2 the normal amount of fairy

We use waitrose non-bio powder at the mo, am hoping this works. At times U have use non-bio liquid which works but caused build-up, I then used bold 2-in-1 but Lo skin flared up so have had to stop it.

I like them both :rofl:

I used to wash one time with Bold, the next time with Fairy etc. As I love the clean feel from Fairy, but the scent of the Bold. Then I bought a couple of nappies from someone on here, and they smelled delish, but still felt all squeaky clean! So I asked what she used, and she said she did half Bold and half fairy :) So I started doing the same. No idea if I'm breaking all sorts of guidelines, but it's working for us :rofl:

I suppose you could do it with the liquids too. When I used the Fairy non-bio liquid, I got a ball dispenser that went into the machine drum with the clothes/nappies. I just went onto the Fairy website and they sent me one for free :)

Hehe thats me, i use the appropriate amount of detergent for the nappies but just half that so i can have a bit of both in there :) one is great at cleaning and one smells nice so i like to use them both lol, i also give an extra rinse x

I use ariel bio powder (green box), about 1 1/2 tablespoons for each nappy wash load x

Thanks x-li-x! I'm so sorry that I couldn't remember who it was who suggested it to me, as I've had a PM box clearout since then :blush:

Full credit to you for your wonderful suggestion! :) :hugs:

fairy non-bio...easier as i use it for her clothes too!

keep meaning to switch to soapnuts though!!

I use soapnuts, got a free sample from there website and was so impressed with them that I've ordered a kilo- thats the nappy washes covered till shes potty trained then :rofl:

do you use the bold 2n1 and fairy for only your nappies or you do this for your normal clothes too...

I just do it for the nappies. Mainly because I have a 5L bottle of Comfort Pure to work through which I use on her clothes :rofl:

I got a load of soap not used em yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->