What did you do? (getting to three meals and bottles)

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
Sorry for the threads this morning :blush: maddi's progressing with her weaning and i have so many questions for you lovely people :blush:

Did you - introduce lunch, then breakfast then dinner THEN dessert after lunch and or tea?? (another question, what do you do with dessert :dohh: i.e veg then fruit!! do you eventually give it with dinner and lunch???)

OR did you do lunch, breakfast, dessert with lunch THEN dinner.

And also - when did you start reducing bottles?? - maddi is still having all 5 7oz bottles, hv said to do it when she was have dessert with lunch!

loving weaning, but have soooooooooooo many questions for you all :blush:

thank you x

I am not that far ahead of you, but we have done three meals, no desserts but larger portions of savoury. He also gets wee tastes of things if we are eating at different times to him eg nibble of toast crust at elevenses if he wants.

Mark hasn't fallen into a set pattern yet for reducing his milk but usually he either doesn't ask for milk after lunch or after tea so he loses a feed that way. I was planning to give him a while to see if he comes to his own arrangements as we have never had a real feeding pattern anyway.

Sometimes he has lunch early like 11am if he gets hungry then.

personally I strarted with lunch. Main and pudding (vege or meat or fish for main then fruit with or without rice for pudd) Then I added breakfast. Then added dinner.
And now snacks if he seems hungry. And lots of milk too (breastfed) - one morn, mid morning, sometimes after lunch, mid afternoon, before bed and twice in teh night.

but i didnt follow any official plan or guidelines. i just did what i felt was right.

personally I strarted with lunch. Main and pudding (vege or meat or fish for main then fruit with or without rice for pudd) Then I added breakfast. Then added dinner.
And now snacks if he seems hungry. And lots of milk too (breastfed) - one morn, mid morning, sometimes after lunch, mid afternoon, before bed and twice in teh night.

but i didnt follow any official plan or guidelines. i just did what i felt was right.

thanks honey, i completely agree :) x

i started with lunch then added pudding, then i left it a cuple of weeks then started givin him his dinner left it a few weeks again then gave him breakfast he has just started havin puddin with his dinner too he only has 2 9oz bottles i just went with the flow when he seemed more hungary i gave him more food and he reduced his bottles all by himself alls hehas now is one in the morning when he gets up then one at about 10 at night and maybe just a cuple of oz's during the day dependin on how hungry he is.

We introduced dinner, breakfast and than lunch.

For breakfast we give cereal, with some rice or some cinnamon.
Lunch she has a fruit puree
Dinner she has a veggie puree

If she wants a snack after dinner she gets yogurt but usually she's fine with just the veggies

We do two snacks, (mid-morning and mid-afternoon) finger foods such as bananas, rusks, apple slices, etc so that she can start learning to feed herself. She LOVES snack time!

Well I've just written about how we introduced things then realised I was totally wrong! But we did dinner, breakfast and then lunch. I found lunch hardest to introduce massively.

I didn't introduce a dessert or yoghurt for ages, until he seemed proper hungry afterwards. He sometimes has 2 snacks but other days he isn't bothered.

As for the milk reducing, one day Alasdair just did it! He wouldn't take his bottle after his lunch and then had milk slightly earlier for his afternoon bottle (half 2 instead of 3). I think it's easier for you if you just wait for them to do it naturally. Alasdair's milk intake is really reducing now which I'm surprised about as I'm sure he's not having THAT much food lol.

It is so complicated and difficult I think to get through it you either really need to trust your own instincts or follow a book to the tee :)

Well I've just written about how we introduced things then realised I was totally wrong! But we did dinner, breakfast and then lunch. I found lunch hardest to introduce massively.

I didn't introduce a dessert or yoghurt for ages, until he seemed proper hungry afterwards. He sometimes has 2 snacks but other days he isn't bothered.

As for the milk reducing, one day Alasdair just did it! He wouldn't take his bottle after his lunch and then had milk slightly earlier for his afternoon bottle (half 2 instead of 3). I think it's easier for you if you just wait for them to do it naturally. Alasdair's milk intake is really reducing now which I'm surprised about as I'm sure he's not having THAT much food lol.

It is so complicated and difficult I think to get through it you either really need to trust your own instincts or follow a book to the tee :)

thank you so much sweetie, you've really gave me confidence to trust me :hugs:

We started with lunch at about 2pm, woulda been somethin like a fruit puree or baby rice with something mixed in, then we moved onto breakfast at 9am, porridge or rice pudding or something and then added supper in, at between 5-7pm depending on how she is. Now she has three meals a day with a pudding after her lunch, and we are using Hipp jars.

I agree totally, no one can tell you exactly what your baby wants. Someone tried doing that to me recently by telling me what I should and should not be giving her just because of a reaction those things cause in my baby and to be honest it made me angry because in this day and age we are expected to be sheep and do everything by the book. Do what you feel is right, not what a friend tells you you should be doing - Maddi will tell you when shes ready, in her own way. xx

I dont really know how we did it... it kinda just happened to be honest!! I started with breakfast.... then pureed carrot and swede for lunch with still her normal bottles and 1 month later... shes on 3 meals a day... with fromage frais for dessert and just 2 bottles a day... 1 in the morn and 1 at night!! She loves her food :)... !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->