What did you do to prepare yourself?

sassy86

Reaction score
Hello ladies, I am new here. Have a little 2 year old boy and hubby and I are ready for the next one. The first one was a surprise so this time around we don't want to stress about the process either, so we are going to let it happen when GOd wants it to happen. NTNP I guess!!!

This time I would like to prepare my body for it as much as I can, meaning having a healthier diet, taking a multi-vitamin daily for iron etc, keep y body hydrated (more water intake) I guess prepare my body a little more since the first was a total surprise.

I wanted to know if there is anyone out there that is or did the same thing and if so, what steps or things you did to prepare your body for pregnancy ahead of time?

I think I want to do the same, but as we're NTNP right now, I don't know if I'll have time.

Nothing too drastic to be honest - giving up smoking was the main one for me. (YAY ME! :D )

I started taking a prenatal vitamin, and am trying to drink more water and eat more fruit.

I've always been fairly healthy to begin with - but in preparation for any possible BFP that comes our way I've been taking prenatals, iron, and a multivitamin. DH and I eat a good balanced diet and a lot of fruit, adult beverages in moderation.

In theory I should cut back on the caffeine (1 cup of dark coffee/day) but I really really love that habit. Eeeeeek.

Not only that, but I don't eat any fake foods - if it has artificial color, flavor, preservatives, sweeteners. . .I won't touch it with a 10 foot pole! I've also heard that using regular dairy (not the low-fat kind) is really good for women who are TTC. . .something about the type of fats in dairy supports pregnancy. I'd rather have the natural real version than the fake low-fat ones anyways :) :) :)

Lots of water, moderate exercise (hiking, walking, yoga). My best friend was working out a TON and got very muscular and lean - but then couldn't get pregnant to save her life. Her doctor told her to knock it off - so she kept working out but not to the extreme, gained a little weight back, and whamo. . .BFP. She had a healthy pregnancy and a beautiful baby 9 months later :) So, that's just a reminder that you can also 'overdo' it!

Nothing too drastic to be honest - giving up smoking was the main one for me. (YAY ME! :D )

I started taking a prenatal vitamin, and am trying to drink more water and eat more fruit.

That's great about quitting smoking. :) It's a tough thing to do!:happydance:

I've always been fairly healthy to begin with - but in preparation for any possible BFP that comes our way I've been taking prenatals, iron, and a multivitamin. DH and I eat a good balanced diet and a lot of fruit, adult beverages in moderation.

In theory I should cut back on the caffeine (1 cup of dark coffee/day) but I really really love that habit. Eeeeeek.

Not only that, but I don't eat any fake foods - if it has artificial color, flavor, preservatives, sweeteners. . .I won't touch it with a 10 foot pole! I've also heard that using regular dairy (not the low-fat kind) is really good for women who are TTC. . .something about the type of fats in dairy supports pregnancy. I'd rather have the natural real version than the fake low-fat ones anyways :) :) :)

Lots of water, moderate exercise (hiking, walking, yoga). My best friend was working out a TON and got very muscular and lean - but then couldn't get pregnant to save her life. Her doctor told her to knock it off - so she kept working out but not to the extreme, gained a little weight back, and whamo. . .BFP. She had a healthy pregnancy and a beautiful baby 9 months later :) So, that's just a reminder that you can also 'overdo' it!

Wow, that sounds like a lot of hard work. :thumbup:
Personally, I think that is more TTC than NTNP, but that's just me. :winkwink:

Wow, that sounds like a lot of hard work. :thumbup:
Personally, I think that is more TTC than NTNP, but that's just me. :winkwink:
I tend to disagree that that is more TTC. Personally it's how I try to eat too and in my opinion it's just a healthy diet and way of life - nothing to do with whether you're ttcing or NTNPing. Just sensible to get as healthy as you can.

I'm not trying too hard as I don't want to deal with the disappointment, but I am trying to reduce my intake of coffee/alcohol etc.
I think my New Year's Resolution will be a healthier lifestyle in general, but for now I'm gonna relax and enjoy being a little unhealthy (altho not so much in the TWW!) unless I get a BFP.

I'm taking a multi vit, folic acid and iron tablets as last pregnancy I had low iron.

I've also started trying to convince LO that its nice to suck a dummy all night instead of a boobie but as yet no luck. No idea how I will co-sleep with a big tummy or with 2 babies!

I am trying not to drink too much coffee or more than one alcoholic drink after CD14 and taking prenatal vits when I remember and that is it. I really need to get back to my once a week aqua aerobics class but it's too wintery.

I figured this NTNP could take a while and I will have 9 months of pregnancy plus hopefully the same time breastfeeding so I don't want to restrict my eating too much at the moment.

x

I've given up smoking, cut down my caffeine and alcohol, and trying to drink more water. All in all just trying to be a bit healthier.

I've started eating more brie, steak & shellfish... Well I'll have to give them up when I get pregnant so may as well make the most of it at the moment! :haha:

I've started eating more brie, steak & shellfish... Well I'll have to give them up when I get pregnant so may as well make the most of it at the moment! :haha:

What a good excuse for me to eat more steak ;-)

I've given up smoking, cut down my caffeine and alcohol, and trying to drink more water. All in all just trying to be a bit healthier.

Congrats on the quitting smoking! I did it just recently! :thumbup:

Heh, I ate steak before being in the crowd for a massive gig on Wednesday night, may as well do it while I can eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->