what do i claim

Mummi2b

x Mummy to Adrhianna x
Reaction score
so im 18 years old i recently left my job as my employer was a complet BEEP to me and treated me unfairly . and i dont think any1 would employ a 6 month preg woman

i live with my boyfriend and his parents :(
he works and have a decent income of £930 a month

i just dont know what i should claim its so complicated

thank you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you've worked 26 out of 66 weeks before your due date then you will be entitled to Maternity Allowance.

This should help: https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyT...ort/Expectingorbringingupchildren/DG_10018869

I would contact Jobcentre plus as they can advise you on what you can/can't claim. I get confused by it all !

Im self employed but am on seriously low hours at the moment due to credit crunch & xmas, I don't want to start maternity leave yet so have an appointment at job centre Monday as Im not sure if I am eligible for working tax credits or if they will get me to claim job seekers allowance as im working under 16hours per week.

I think maternity allowance as Shifter says is what you can claim as long as youve worked enough. You can claim that from 29 weeks

Edit: If you havent worked enough like me (I was a bloody student too long) then you get bugger all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->