What do I do next?

TTC First

Reaction score
So I have been told that I have not been trying to conceive all that long, it's only been 4 months. Trust me, it's long enough for me.

I am worried because I have POS (although I have a regular cycle, between 30 and 32 days), I am 36, and my flow days have reduced from 5 regular flow to 2 very light days (last year they were 4 or 5 days, now they are 2).

I have been temping and I have been using OPKs. I have a great looking chart and I believe I O between CD 16-18 consistently. I started using Pre Seed because I am a dry and I added Raspberry Leaf Tea hoping that this would help my flow.

I try to BD on all the best days. I have tried 5 days before, the day of, and the day after. I have tried less days before but doubling up on them. Last month I waited till the day before and the day of and focused lots of BD there.

I spoke to my doctor and he said that I have to try 1 year before he can refer me anywhere because 36 is no longer considered old for carrying children. He is aware of my cycle but he believes that as long as I am consistent, things are fine.

Is there anything else that anything else I can try, this is getting to much for me. Someone I know just had twins, which is their 4th and 5th child. I just want one.

We started ttc dd when I was 35 and conceived 2 days after my 36th bday. It's not too late! Our doctor told us to try for a year to, but after 6 months I asked for Clomid and he prescribed it. My cycle was all over the place. Are you in the states? Your doctor will most like prescribe it if you ask. It makes it really clear when you ovulate, and also regulates your cycle. It helped a lot :)

Just keep doing what you are doing. At 36, it's normal to take up to a year to conceive, even if we are impatient for it to happen sooner. 4 months probably seems like a long time to you, but you'd be an over achiever to have conceived already.

As for your doctor, 36 IS old. Technically speaking. The eggs are older, the risks of down's is higher and the fertility rate declines. It's not like we are 'old' women, but our eggs are old.

You did the right thing by speaking to a doctor if you are concerned. After 6 months of ttc, maybe see a different ob/gyn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->