what do you buy 19/20 month olds?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbwebb

Reaction score
as the title says really. i feel like lucy will be at a funny age at christmas where shes too old or too young for everything. so far shes got
-an aqua doodle £10
-a play kitchen £40
- mega blox £20

im thinking some pots and pans and a tea set to go with the kitchen (£24) and maybe a mega blox table but im completely lost at what else to get. family is asking me already and i dont know what to suggest.

My LO is a month younger and we have got her:

Fisher Price Little People Disney Castle
Belle & Beast set to go in castle
Little People Snow White House
Little People Cruella De Vil car
Minnie Mouse ride on motorbike
Duplo sets
Wooden train
Other wooden bits & bobs

She had lots of megabucks for her birthday and I must admit I'm not a fan as they just don't seem to click together very well. My DH is a massive Lego fan so this is probably why we've had to buy duplo too!!

My FIL has bought her a cozy coupe and I'll be asking for someone to get her an aqua doodle. I feel same as you though its a bit of a funny age.

Mine loves babies, so we have got her a cabbage patch kids newborn doll, and plan to get a nice wooden cot for her dolls, and i will crochet a nice blanket to go with it. Also liking the look of Mooshka Tots dolls, so maybe one of those. Planning to get some Playmobil 123 sets - probably the suburban house and the playground. Also some Duplo (I'm also preferring that to Megabloks, in fact thinking of getting rid of the Megabloks as they never get played with, whereas the Duplo we have is always out) and a tin tea set. I have also got some books I bought last year and saved for this - a boxset of Beatrix Potter books and a pack of 10 Old Bear books. Think that will be it, plus a few stocking fillers.

Did you see the wooden cot from ASDA? It's lovely! Love the idea of cabbage patch doll too.

Oh yes she has tons of books too that I forgot about!!

My LO was 22 months last Christmas and we got her:

A microphone
A paint set
A piano mat that she could walk over and play music
A keyboard
Doll pram
DVDs (Tom and Jerry, Fireman Sam, Nursery Rhymes)
An Aqua doodle.

Some ideas I've got my daughter who will be 19m at Xmas are;

Fisher Price Little People Disney castle and accessories
Farm bath blocks
Cinderella soft doll
Fisher Price popcorn push along
Minnie Mouse pull along Wagon
Little Tikes Shopping trolley
Rainbow Aquadoodle
crayons
Playdoh
M&D puzzles
Books
Accessories for her kitchen

I used this website for a couple of educational toys. They were bogof in the Summer. These are the ones I bought.

https://www.learningresources.co.uk...s-.do?sortby=newArrivals&refType=&from=Search

https://www.learningresources.co.uk...ts.do?sortby=newArrivals&refType=&from=Search

She's getting a dolls cradle and highchair off her Grandparents ( the Asda one someone has mentioned)

Did you see the wooden cot from ASDA? It's lovely! Love the idea of cabbage patch doll too.

Oh yes she has tons of books too that I forgot about!!

Ooh, no, I didn't, have I missed it? They didn't have it when I was doing my shopping today. We have an Asda living, too, maybe I should try there?

I usually opt for Duplo sets or lego, Wooden train sets, Playdoh or small racing cars.

Ds2 is a similar age, we're getting him split between Christmas and birthday (undecided exactly how yet) toot toot animals, a wheelybug/other ride on, ikea kitchen, mr tumble tour tickets, pirate pete potty book, 5 little monkeys book. How about a playhouse or a children's bookcase with plenty of books x

Easel, mini table and chairs, lacing beads - just to pique their interest more than anything, ball pool perhaps x

Colin got at this age:

Little people sets
Stand and play ramps (big hit and he still plays with it on occasion)
Duplo
Kitchen and play food
Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member