What do you do when baby's movements hurt?

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
I'm at 31 weeks but it feels like LO is running out of room already. Some of her movements are starting to really hurt. She'll push far out and I'll watch her move but my goodness it hurts sometimes. What do you ladies do?

Don't get me wrong, I love how active she is!

I lie down on my side and kind of stretch out. Gives him more room it seems and things don't hurt so bad. I'll stay that way til he calms down.

I've not experienced many painful movements yet but I'm sure it won't be long for me.

Nothing you can really do. Ive had it with every baby, think worse point is when you go over. This baby movements have felt very tight for awhile now but last week it got even tighter, only going get tighter again.

This morning I woke up so sore, I think she's bruised me inside:haha:

I'm feeling very tight low down, when I walk I'm definitely waddling and I feel the need to hold my bump up otherwise it hurts :(

I try and stretch my legs out and lie down to give her more room

I definitely have bruised areas near each hip. It really hurts when he kicks there, and he kicks there a ton.

My little boy had a habit of kicking the same spot every time without fail, which got very sore. But he never liked me poking back. So I'd poke back and he's kick slightly lower or higher instead which gave that one spot a little bit of a rest! It also became a great game of chasing his feet around my belly.

He's now moved so his limbs are less towards my side and more towards the front with my belly button.. (Yes.. Back to back!!) which hurts much less, plus he is running out of room so the kicks feel a little less sharp and I'd say it's more stretching than full force kicks! So you may eventually feel a bit of relief when baby gets a bit squashed!

Maybe use an excercise ball? Walking is meant to put baby to sleep, so I'm guessing rocking on an excercise ball side to side or something may help rock them to sleep again if they simply won't stop with the violence inside your tummy!

I find rocking on a ball instead of sitting on the sofa helps my back aches as well :)

My lil one moves side to side and can actually feel either his foot or hands...but i literally press my hand inward because it hurts when he pops out in either side...

I push gently until he moves a little.... This is becoming less effective the further along I get, though, because doing something to relieve pressure in my ribs will generally result in causing pressure in my pelvis. Sometimes it's a matter of deciding what the lesser of two evils is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->