What do you do when you're wearing your baby?

VALiz

Reaction score
I'm a first time mom and interested in baby wearing when baby arrives in mid November. I'm curious, what can you accomplish while you wear your baby? Light cleaning or laundry, etc? Just getting some ideas as I'm worried I would hit the baby on something or injure him in a clumsy moment so want to see what others do while they baby wear. :laundry::dishes::iron:

Thanks!!

Everything. I do laundry, water the garden, shopping, everything. My family is big into sports and we are outside a lot playing. Pretty much the only things I won't do while wearing her are sports that involve flying objects lol. For obvious reasons lol.

There isn't anything I can think of that I can't do (chore wise) while babywearing, except carry loads of stuff in my arms which would squish LO (while I carried her on my front). DD had to be held close to me for the first few months (unless we wanted to feel her rage, which no one did- she is indomitable) so I'd wear her and play with my DS, mow the lawn, clean the house, do laundry, make dinner, go for hikes etc.

Gosh, everything. Food prep, laundry, all housework, really. She loves it, whether I'm doing chores or popping to the supermarket, whereas she's complaining after a few minutes if I sit her in her chair to watch me.

Attachments

• 2014-08-14 12.47.25.jpg
    2014-08-14 12.47.25.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 20
You can do almost anything depending on your comfort level!

When I first started, I just walked with him.

Now that my second is almost two years old, I just throw him on my back anytime it's needed - laundry, cooking, whatever :blush:

Some girls even have swim-proof ones and use them in the shower. Not me though, but I've seen it.

Just about everything...but I don't like bending down while I'm wearing her or cooking (for obvious reasons). Because of that, I do a lot of crockpot/slow cooker meals, and that works perfectly!

I regularly do the dishes, fold clothes, walk, do sporting games/practices with my older kids, and my babys favorite - grocery shopping :) while she's in her wrap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->