What do you include in your birth plan??

ColorMeFamous

Mommy to 2 and an angel 💛
Reaction score
Heyy!! I was just wondering what you have in your birthing plan! Do you write it out and bring it with you or just tell your delivery doctor? I have no clue about this because I never had one with my first! I just arrived, some guy came, delivered her and that was that lol! I'd like to be more prepared this time as I feel she may come before 40 weeks! Thank you in advance!!

Hey hun,
Im from the UK and we are given maternity notes that our midwife fills in when we are measured and writes notes after each check. That is where my midwife wrote all of the bits for my birth plan. Basically its just saying how you would like your labour to be .. unfortunately there isnt a super quick pain free option we can ask for .. damn it :haha:
But you can say what drugs you do or dont want, wether you want certain things to happen such as you or OH cut cord, wether you want a pool birth etc. Also you can write if you want to BF or not, if you want to skin to skin the second bubs is born, oh you can also state how you want the placenta to be delivered, naturally or assisted with an injection. Hope this helps, this is my first baby and I see this is your second so hope its ok!! Good Luck xx

Don't put too much emphasis on the fact that your birth has to follow the plan as if it doesn't you'll be left feeling deflated.

Sometimes it's easier to just have one or two preferences

I'm literally adding to mine

'Anytging goes as far as drugs are concerned!'

'Delayed cord cutting preffered'

'Skin to skin ASAP after birth'

My friend added that she wanted no students in the room. You can add anything!

I just made sure my OH knew my few wishes which were that:
1. He cut the cord
2. No c section or pittocin unless it's an emergency situation
3. Immediate skin to skin, then BFing

I question if birth plans are even followed. Doctors here in the US dont give a rats a** about us I sware. But I did find this if it helps with ideas.

https://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/free-birth-plan

I got to meet with a birth prep nurse that goes over all that and BF and any questions you have when I met with my doctor. My hospital is very pro birth plan and will do whatever you want, unless they need to medically intercept with anything.

I want: An epidural (I definitely need pain medication...but hats off to the women who do it all natural!) DF to cut the cord (or my mom...DF sometimes faints when he sees blood so we will see :haha:), immediate skin to skin contact, breast feeding, and no visitors (except my mom, dad and MIL and FIL) until 3 hours after birth

The hospital knows that, so maybe talk with your doctor at your next appointment to discuss your birth plan.

Okay thanks ladies!! It sucks because I literally move July 1 and I am full term two days later! Ill have to find a doctor right away and then put all this into place before baby girl comes!! I will be making a birth pla today with all of you guys' suggestions!! Thank you!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->