What do you love most about breastfeeding?

WanaBaba

Reaction score
Hello ladies :wave:
Sat feeding my LO and it got me thinking about my fave things about breastfeeding which are;

It makes me feel really bonded with my baby
I love how it always calms her down
When she looks up into my eyes
I love it when she has had a really long sleep so my boobs are really full, then she latches on and has a really good feed where I can hear/see her swallowing and it feels great knowing all that milk is filling her up then when she's finished she goes all floppy and falls asleep :cloud9: and my boobs are then soft and empty haha.
I love how my milk is making her all chubby :haha:
It's great not having to make up bottles!
I love being able to sit on the sofa feeding her whilst watching netflix whilst my hubby brings me food :haha:

Please share yours :flower:

So many things!

The bond - it's a cliche but it's true. The bond is indescribable. We had a tough start to breastfeeding as my daughter was separated from me while she was in neonatal. Being separated went against all my natural instincts but breastfeeding helped us both to overcome the anxiety we had from being separated and to begin bonding in a really special way. I'd go so far as to say breastfeeding has helped us BOTH overcome the trauma of the birth.

We now have this fantastic connection and I love looking into her beautiful blue eyes when she feeds. There's no feeling in the world as good as that feeling when she looks at me and smiles this HUGE smile mid feed with milk dripping out the corners of her mouth. It makes my heart melt.

Breastfeeding is much more than just food, for us. Yes it satisfies her hunger, but it also calms her when she's upset or overstimulated, and it helps her to sleep when she's over tired. It's simply magic! To know that I'm her world and that my body is capable of producing milk that is not only making her strong and healthy, but also secure and happy, is simply amazing! I'm in awe of what my body can do.

So many things!

The bond - it's a cliche but it's true. The bond is indescribable. We had a tough start to breastfeeding as my daughter was separated from me while she was in neonatal. Being separated went against all my natural instincts but breastfeeding helped us both to overcome the anxiety we had from being separated and to begin bonding in a really special way. I'd go so far as to say breastfeeding has helped us BOTH overcome the trauma of the birth.

We now have this fantastic connection and I love looking into her beautiful blue eyes when she feeds. There's no feeling in the world as good as that feeling when she looks at me and smiles this HUGE smile mid feed with milk dripping out the corners of her mouth. It makes my heart melt.

Breastfeeding is much more than just food, for us. Yes it satisfies her hunger, but it also calms her when she's upset or overstimulated, and it helps her to sleep when she's over tired. It's simply magic! To know that I'm her world and that my body is capable of producing milk that is not only making her strong and healthy, but also secure and happy, is simply amazing! I'm in awe of what my body can do.

Love that last bit, it's so true :cloud9:

I've heard about those smiles! But not experiences yet! She does smile a lot but not had one whilst feeding yet! She is 6 weeks, when do they start? I can't wait haha

I love that my chunky boy has got that way all because of my milk and I'm amazed with how my body just knows what to do.

The bond is just so special and like pp being able to calm and relax him is the best feeling in the world.

Also from a selfish point I love that I am the only one that can feed him and don't have to share it with anyone else.

So glad I stuck with it

So many things!

Love that last bit, it's so true :cloud9:

I've heard about those smiles! But not experiences yet! She does smile a lot but not had one whilst feeding yet! She is 6 weeks, when do they start? I can't wait haha

Oh those smiles are the best!! I think my DD was smiling on the breast from about 5/6 weeks so hopefully any day for you now!! Now, at 14 weeks, she gets ridiculously excited at the sight of a boob :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->