What do you snack on at home?

Dani_Ldn

Reaction score
I need some ideas for healthy snacks that are easy to prepare. At the moment I am making bad choices during the day as I have no time to make any sort of substantial lunch as lo always seems to know when I want to eat ^ wants attention! I have some fruit, carrot sticks & houmous, but am struggling to think of other good ideas?

Caffine!!Honestly with 3 kids i have to literaly grab what i can or else id never eat!

Do you have the time to make up some soup? Homemade soup is fab and you can make it super healthy, then all you have to do is heat it up?

I tend to snack on soups, fruit, yoghurt and I make frittata which I then just grab from the fridge! Xx

the only meal i really eat is dinner and thats when the kids r in bed..
My fridge is full of pre cut fruit, veggies.. i also keep raisens, and grahm cracers in the cabnet. On the rare occassions i will sit and have a bowl of cereal (speciak k) in the mornings.. my oh is on a diet and he has protein powder. That u add to a glass of water and drinks. Ive recentally starting having those too :)

I sort of don't bother. I eat breakfast - fresh strawberries, Greek yoghurt and oat granola but then I tend not to eat until tea (bad habit I know but I just don't seem to get time). I live on Red Bull. I should feel guilty but my body was a temple through pregnancy and eight weeks of breastfeeding so I'm allowing myself some time off. If I didn't have LO with me (I'd never compromise his health), I'd be tempted to take up smoking again lol!

How about fruit and yoghurt with granola/nutty cereal
Crackers/veg crudités with hummus or taramasalata
Cereal bars

Natural yoghurt, fruit/cucumber slices, multigrain crackers with soft cheese, little blocks of cheese. They're the healthy snacks I have but I will still have crisps and biscuits lol, I'm just too weak.

cheese and crackers. Pre made sandwiches cut in to little pieces ( easy to eat one handed) muesli bars. Tin of tuna on crackers. milkshakes made with low fat milk and low fat choc powder. .

Dried fruit and veggies (we have a dehydrator that I run at night), granola bars, salad... but to be honest I live 100 yards from my mom and grandma's house and if I need something I can always raid their healthily stocked fridges.

Granola bars. I bought by the case when LO was little. Easy to grab 1 or 2 and eat while nursing. Make a big batch of smoothies and drink throughout the day.

Babybel cheese rolls, yogurt, berries, crackers, cottage cheese, avacado ( I like to just eat it but you could make or buy guacamole and multigrain chips) and salsa :)

I snack on crackers and peanut butter, bananas, granola bars and I keep some hard boiled eggs peeled and ready to go in the fridge too. Oh, and copious amounts of chocolate

I ate really unhealthily until LO was 3 months old. It was just too difficult! Now that he's BLW I eat what he eats with him.

In between though, I ate lots of wholemeal pitta with hummous and precooked turkey pieces. Salad. My lunchtime meal was always cold as I almost always ate whilst nursing!

I make fresh salsa (pico de gallo) and have it with nachos. Also fruit, nuts, biscuits, feta salad and mozarella salad.

celery, i buy it & cut it up that day & put it in a clip lid tub ready to grab. the same with carrot sticks.
ive always got a tub of fat free soft cheese to dip it in, also other dips that i put in little tubs to keep fresh.

crackers, babybel.
strawberries & other fruit i chop up & keep in the fridge.

grated cheese.

greek yogurt with fruit mixed in (i make a bowl full in the morning & leave it in the fridge (spoon included) then i just grab a spoonful as i walk past) xx

Rivta/crackerbread/oatcakes with babybel, cream cheese, peanut butter

pre cut veggies carrots, pepper sugarsnap peas baby sweetcorn with salsa or hummous

yogs

fruit, especially apples, pears and banana-quick to grap

almonds

hard boiled eggs, i do 3-4 at a time

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member