What do you think?

L.E.

Mom of 1, TTC #2
Reaction score
I've been using OPKs for several months and I've always had dysfunctional uterine bleeding so it's hard to tell what's actually a period. During this time, I haven't had an actual positive on an opk and the couple I've had that were pretty dark happened just 1 time and then went right back to really light.

So what happened this week is I got several days of dark OPKs, though they weren't true positives. They lasted about 3 days and then tonight went back to light. I had lots of watery cm (tmi) during that time too. I've been trying to check my cervix too the past few months but am still not the greatest at it. I got my first dark OPK on Feb 3 (CD18) at 10:50 pm. The next day I had a couple light ones but I didn't hold my urine or limit fluids for those. It went back to dark in the evening. Feb 4 in the evening I noted some breast tenderness. From what I can tell, my cervix was highest and softest and I had the most cm (lots of watery cm but no real ewcm) on Feb 5 (CD20). Today (Feb 6/CD21) my cervix still feels about the same height but not quite as soft and I have much less cm which has turned to more creamy/white but still a little bit watery.

What do you think from all this and my pics???? I don't temp so I can't know for sure yet. I only have 1 OPK left... go figure. I tested a lot the past couple days waiting for the true positive, but never got it. Any input would be appreciated!! PS- These OPKs dry lighter than they are wet. :)

Attachments

• OPK 2-3 1050 pm zoomed.jpg
    OPK 2-3 1050 pm zoomed.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 85
  • OPK 2-6 zoomed.jpg
    OPK 2-6 zoomed.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 83
I never had a positive opk. I always called the positive one the darkest one. My charts clearly showed I was ovulating and I'm now pregnant so, that pretty much proves you dont need a pos opk to confirm ov. Dont forget that your body can gear up to ov, then decide to put it off until later. My opks used to get dark around cd9 then light again, then dark at cd13 or 14 for ov. Give temping a go, its easy to pinpoint ov if using opks and temping.

agree i wud say the 6th was the positive....your tests from the 5th look similar to mine this cycle, but never got a strong positive like last month, i have very irregular cycles and this cycle was my 3rd natural period so if i come on this cycle, i know i would of OVd and shud of taken my strips as positive :( x

Thanks. It could very well be. I guess we'll see if I have a regular period or not coming up. Based on cm and cvx, I would say the 5th was O day because I noted that my cervix felt high and soft and I had a lot of clear cm... by the 6th it was a little less soft and the cm had turned to creamy and there was less of it. I'm trying not to get my hopes up but I really think I ovulated since my cervix now feels pretty hard. If I didn't manage to conceive, I'll still be pretty happy to have ovulated or at least come close. :)

Oh my goodness!! I just did an opk (I didn't test on the 8th or 9th because I was out of tests but I thought I would keep testing just in case. I got this one a few mins ago. My cervix is hard. Should it be high and soft or can it magically go that way RIGHT before ovulation? Maybe this is a random weird test... My jaw almost hit the floor when I saw it. Oh and the others after the 6th were all very negative except the on I did on the 11th was more of a medium darkness. I tested on the 12th too but hadn't put it on my sheet yet. It was negative and maybe medium darkness (I can't remember for sure). So confused but excited anyway. :)

Attachments

• 2-13-11 OPK DARK.jpg
    2-13-11 OPK DARK.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 2-13-11 OPK DARK:POSITIVEzoomed.jpg
    2-13-11 OPK DARK:POSITIVEzoomed.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 27
so in case anyone happens to read this still, I got 1 other dark one right after that one but then they went back to medium then faint. I still don't think my cervix was right I guess we'll see which time (if either) was ovulation depending on when my period starts. Yesterday was CD28 as far as I can tell which I thought would be really late for O but who knows now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->