what do you wash your cloth diapers in?

pinkpassion

3dd/5inHeaven/familycomplete
Reaction score
Help, having issues with stink, no matter how many rinses, what I wash with, wet pail/dry pail, I'm so frustrated....
I have pocket diapers, I use Charlie banana inserts, my water is soft, I've used so many different wash detergents and nothing is working, they all come out stinky still!!!!

Have you tried any kind of hot soaks? Sometimes it takes a soak to get to any stubborn build up. You could try washing soda, dish soap, peroxide, oxiclean, RLR, bleach... I personally love washing soda and add a little to every wash as I have pretty hard water.

What do they smell like?

Might be worth doing a strip wash? It could be detergent build up. It's how I knew mine needed a strip wash when they would come out still smelling of wee.

I just did the dishwasher tablet strip wash.

I use soap nuts with a slash of tea tree oil. I don't have any experience of strip washing but it might be worth considering?

Thanks.. I did strip all my diapers, I also switched to tide... gasp I know... but if it keeps my husband and me sane and keeps us using cloth I'll take it. And Yes I always do many soaks hot and cold and it doesn't matter!

I kept having that problem with Charlie Banana, it was bad enough that I quit cloth for a couple months and sold my whole stash, only to go back with cotton flats. I have not had a single problem since.

I got rid of the stink with using dawn, I am not sure I'd recommend it often, but it always came back. I did a cold pre-wash, a warm or hot heavy duty wash with ECOS free and clear (and tried other detergents but it's been over a year so I forget which), and 3+ cold rinses (all my washing machine will do).

I don't know what charlie banana is or what fabrics they use, but I only use natural fabrics now (cotton bamboo and hemp), always rinse before going in the nappy bucket and have zero smell issues now. I don't need to use much detergent as I am rinsing most of the urine out before they are even washed.

Line drying in the sun is also good. Sophie's nappies smell so fresh and gorgeous I find myself sniffing them when I take them off the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->