What do your 4 year olds play with ?

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
Dd's playroom is looking a bit babyish now and with her birthday coming up I thought I would have a clear out - so what do your 4 year olds play with / do when they are home???

:flower:

I was thinking of clearing out my DD's bedroom and adding a desk but i'm not sure.

At the moment she mostly likes drawing/writing.

She also likes playing with tea sets and play food. Shop and tills. Dressing up outfits. But that's about it.

We have numerous toy boxes around the house which hold toys of all different types but she doesn't play with them. Home time is mostly spent in the garden if it's nice.

She was 4 at the end of May.

I have a desk in dd's room more for when she is older - she uses it as a dressing table now x

Dd doesn't really play with toys much at the moment - maybe she's bored so I need to mix things up a bit

Owen plays on the xbox with his brother or in the garden mostly,he has tonnes of toys and games but does so much playing at nursery he seems bored of toys once hes home.He plays on his bike or skateboard on the front street if I have time to stand out with him,or cars if somebody plays with him.

Barbie dolls mainly dressing them up
Barbie camper van.
Loves dressing up
Prams
Cots
Rocking horse

Favourites are:

Dressing up
Drawing and craft bits and colouring in
One of those heads with hair that she can do
Playing out on her climbing frame
Dolls house
Making up stories and games with her disney dolls

Just jumping in here!

My DD was 4 in march.

She loves her toy animals, making a jungle/ houses with her wooden bricks.

She loves drawing & sticking (we have a craft box with sequins etc for her to glue) stickers.

She also loves games snakes & ladders, dominos, puzzles.

She also likes setting up a picnic with her teddies & play food, her kitchen, making a shop with her till.

Jason is 4 years 8 months.

He likes playing with :

electronic stuff :

the Wii U,
his little laptop,
his android tablet,
the PS2 at his nana's house

non electronic stuff :

his motorbike ride-on
bubble mixture
his scooter
his wooden toy train set
his toy cooker and cooking set / toy food

My daughter is 4.5 yrs old and her favourite things are:

Arts and crafts
playing dress up
making up her own stories as she opens a book
playing with pretend food and making "dinner"
planting seeds in the garden
playing jump rope
riding her scooter
playing with balls

Aqua beads and hama beads.
Playdoh sets
Outdoor toys: bikes, scooters, skipping ropes, footballs etc
Art and craft stuff
Baking

Daniel will be four tomorrow!!

he enjoys his toy kitchen and playfood.
Playing shops
cars (he has road map mat)
Lego
play-doh
arts and crafts/drawing
books
puzzles
large board games (noughts and crosses, snakes and ladders, etc)

Outside he enjoys his pedal car, kicking a ball around, and his slide.

Barbies, american girl dolls, play kitchen, doll house and smaller dolls, ponies, frozen toys, dress up dresses and heels, make up, paint, play doh, small princesses with changeable plastic clothing.

Craft - in particular cutting out shapes with scissors recently. Stickers and books for making scenes with.
Puzzles - she can do a 24 piece without much help or bigger up to around 70 pieces with dh or i.
Board games, snakes and ladders or card matching type stuff. She's just started to enjoy dominoes.
Duplo or other construction toys.
Dressing up.

At the moment Charlie is playing with figures - spiderman, batman, x-men, any superhero... He makes up scenarios with goodies and baddies in the batcave :lol: He also loves Snap (we have monster snap and pirate snap) memory matching games, jigsaws, snakes and ladders. He loves his bike and flicker scooter and was on roller boots today to the shops! He also plays games on his Kindle and has been practising writing a lot these days at his desk :) He's loving musical instruments right now and has a guitar, kids piano and wants a drum kit for his birthday :/ don't know about that one! Oh, and football of course.

It is important that the child enjoys playing at the same time learning. Let her play with educational toys like puzzles, towers, balls, dress-up with accessories, etc. Arts and crafts is ideal for her age too like coloring materials, painting, large bead threading set, creative materials, storybooks, etc.

Dinosaurs, dinosaurs, dinosaurs and sometimes trains AND dinosaurs! And his scooter.

Even when I make play dough he gets his dinosaurs and makes footprints, he even plays with dinosaurs in the bath.

DS #1 turned 4 in February, and since he was about 18 months old, it has been all about tractors and trucks! Both sets of grandparents live on farms, so that is what he is familiar with, and he absolutely loves it. : )

Basically the little guy is happy with anything on wheels! Being outside this summer is just wiping me out because it is so hot here. A couple of weeks ago, we made a duck tape "road" that runs from our from door through our house to our back door. He has driven everything imaginable on that road for hours upon end lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->