What does it mean 'strong personality'?

Kat05

Reaction score
I just got back from my daughter's school interview. I was told that my 5 year old daughter who is in senior kindergarten, is doing well & that she have a strong personality. "Oh, she's doing well in school. She have a strong personality." I hope that is a good thing? Should I be worried? Does it mean she is really stubborn? Opinionated? Is this a negative trait? :shrug:

I'd say it means she is a leader rather than a follower, and won't allow herself to be bullied or backed into a corner. And not shy.

There are positives and negatives about every personality type .

I'd take it as a positive. It means she knows her own mind and doesn't let other children walk over her.

It does have down sides too though. My DS would be described as having a strong personality and it is great that he will never be easily lead by others. On the other hand he is stubborn and strong willed about everything at home which can be very tiring.

Again I'd say that it's a positive as it means she won't be walked all over etc. however I would imagine they are bringing it to your attention so that you can contain it and not let it go too overbaring. It's possible that she could become demanding of other children and never let them do what they want.

Both of mine have strong personalities. My 5 year old has learning issues so we can't actually talk to her about not pushing others to do what she wants because she doesn't understand.
My 7 year old knows what he likes and dislikes; he knows what he wants to do and not do. We've had to discus with him things like allowing other friends the choice of game they play.
It's definitely good to have a strong personality I'd say but not so strong that they never listen to anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->