What does mucus plug look like? (TMI)

L

LilMiss_91

I'm just wondering what a mucus plug actually looks like? Consistency/colour/does it have a smell etc? I only ask as I've been getting occasional discharge throughout the pregnancy which is kind of snot like lol. It's thick, jelly like and stretchy but not like EWCM. It's mostly a cloudy clear white with a tinge of yellow with no smell or anything. Usually it's just tiny bits, not enough to worry about, but this morning when I wiped there was about a tablespoonful which is the most I've had.
OH and I had quite er... vigorous sex yesterday afternoon :blush: I'm a bit worried we irritated my cervix or something :/ it's defo not his semen that's coming out either lol.
Any ideas?

After my sweep I had mucus plug. It was snot like, no smell and about a table spoon full- had about 4 lots of that. Still overdue though ...

Sound like it. You can lose it and it will regenerate itself. I've been losing bits all of the third tri. Not had any big bloody bits yet like I did right at the end of my pregnancy with my son.

After my sweep I had mucus plug. It was snot like, no smell and about a table spoon full- had about 4 lots of that. Still overdue though ...

That sounds just like mine. So it doesn't mean anything's going to come of it then?

Sound like it. You can lose it and it will regenerate itself. I've been losing bits all of the third tri. Not had any big bloody bits yet like I did right at the end of my pregnancy with my son.

Well I've been losing little bits occasionally since about 16/18wks but like I said, only tiny bits. It was just the sudden increase in the amount that worried me lol :)

Mine is like how the other ladies described. Nothing to worry about when you're losing it early, it will regenerate. If you have the bloody mucousy stuff accompanied with it then that would warrant a call to your midwife. I've had both this weekend but I'm still pregnant.

Any mucus plug I've seen (and I've seen many - my friends and I have compared ours through the last couple of years. LOL) has looked like a big glob of sick snot. Like, a yellow-green. Sometimes clear with a green tint at first and then progressing into green. There are mucus plug picture threads out there. I haven't seen one in a long time, though. If you can stomach it, maybe it's worth a search.

Thankyou ladies :)

I had a search on Google and I'm 99% sure that's what it was. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it but unless any blood shows up alongside it then I won't worry (I'll just be grossed out instead :haha: )

xx

That sounds just like mine. So it doesn't mean anything's going to come of it then?

No- I got really excited when I saw it as I was due that day. I had it for about 2-3 days and then I haven't had any more and it's now a week later and I'm overdue with no signs of baby! :wacko:

No- I got really excited when I saw it as I was due that day. I had it for about 2-3 days and then I haven't had any more and it's now a week later and I'm overdue with no signs of baby! :wacko:

Oh dear. Naughty baby! Fingers crossed it will happen soon :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->