What does your 5 year old play with ?

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
Looking at her toys she has puzzles, lego, Hama beads, art stuff, games like hungry hippos, connect 4 .. Ect

I don't know what kids her age should be playing with ?? I've not bought any toys for ages

My 5 yr old loves art and imaginative play right now. She's not really into playing with anything else at the moment.

My 5 yr old loves art and imaginative play right now. She's not really into playing with anything else at the moment.

This!

Other than his cars, he doesn't touch any toys. He makes up games, he hangs road signs on walls, and so on

He likes board games like junior monopoly , and he likes UNO but he should win or the game will end up with tears :haha:

Ipad
Cars
Trucks
Angry Bird merchandise
Remote control car
Train set
Magnetic drawing board
Lego
Board games (snakes & ladders, chess) - like Omar, has to win otherwise there will be a war.

They generally make games up with whatever they find really.

Yesterday, they found my thong (fell out of the basket, clean!) and they were using it as a sling shot for Angry Bird. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry!

Her favourites are Lego, batcave, hexbugs, toy story characters and art and craft

Charlie is really into Imaginext right now, he makes up loads of different games with all the figures and caves etc... he loves all things Marvel as well and now we sit with the Marvel encyclopedia while he asks me a million questions! He doesn't really bother with a lot of other toys now, as long as he has a football and action figures it's all good :haha: since starting school last August he's taken a big interest in drawing, writing and colouring (which he was never really into) so we spend a lot of time doing that now.

Ipad
Cars
Trucks
Angry Bird merchandise
Remote control car
Train set
Magnetic drawing board
Lego
Board games (snakes & ladders, chess) - like Omar, has to win otherwise there will be a war.

They generally make games up with whatever they find really.

Yesterday, they found my thong (fell out of the basket, clean!) and they were using it as a sling shot for Angry Bird. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry!

:rofl: genius use of a thong!

Thanks all ! Glad I'm not alone in her not playing as such !

Callum is 5 later in the year but I don't think there's that much difference in what he plays with compared to a 5 year old. He loves lego (the tiny lego age 5+), making up train tracks himself (creating new roads and stuff like that), jigsaw puzzles and shopping.

My little girl's favourite things are dollies and craft activites xx

I've notice my son not playing as much as he used to, also. I have to prod him to go play.

Things he plays with: Dress up superhero clothes, superhero action figures, remote control cars, hot wheels race tracks, stuffed animals (he does a lot of imaginative play with them still), Lego and Duplo, Play doh, arts and crafts stuff like coloring, painting, stickers, etc

My 5yo plays with things that aren't toys the most! :haha:

He really likes marbles right now and he will turn anything into a track for them to roll through. He likes empty paper towel and toilet paper rolls, empty soda or milk bottles, cardboard boxes, etc. Give him some tape, marbles, and recycled trash, he'll be occupied for HOURS!

He loves to play outside and do the mud pies, snowmen, catch bugs, climb trees.

He also really loves video games. When he does well at school and babysitter's(which is REALLY hard for him), he gets to have time on his tablet in the evenings. He gets to play some(age appropriate, of course) PS4 games with his dad too.

Oh forgot to say my little boy loves games. Especially

- Buckaroo
- Gooey louie
- Hungry hippo's
- Elefun
- Doh nutters
- Pig out
- Pop up pirate

Forgot to add Charlie has a slight obsession with 'Where's Wally' books that he insists I do with him! I'm so sick of looking for Wally :wacko:

Mostly arts and crafts stuff here (Hannah is 6 but this has been her favorite activity for years haha). Recently she started to play with dolls and a pram though.

Amelie also loves games. The Orchard toys games are a favourite, even with my 3 year old too so it's something we can all play together. This is a great thread, I can pick up ideas for Amelie's birthday in April! xx

Drawing, writing (creating "books"), lego (age 7-8+), various games, imaginary play with his little brother; one other thing I haven't seen mentioned here is simple flat wooden sticks - hundreds of them - with with he creates very complex buildings (great gift - but be aware that it can be frustrating for them to build something only for it to come crashing down!).

My 5 yr old loves playing still but I know his best friend who is 4 days younger won't play with most of his toys now. Strangely when they meet up he loves playing the games my DS comes up with but just doesn't on his own.

Mine loves,
Lego - he got a Lego juniors castle for his birthday and still builds things with duplo too
Marble run - this will keep him busy for ages
Dinosaurs, wooden trains and playmobil - he puts it all together and makes different worlds
Craft and drawing - this is recent thing since going to school. Loves making lists of toys we 'need' to buy him!
Playdoh dentist set - birthday present again which he loves
Games - he's got a couple of the orchard games which are simple to play.

He likes playing on the IPad now and again as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->