what does your first period after a MC feel like?

Decemberbride

First baby due May 2011
Reaction score
Its been 30 days since the MC, I know AF can come anyday and I tested yesterday with a first response and got a BFN.

But at 2am I awoke with severe abdominal pains that prevented me even getting out of bed, I eventually managed to get to the bathroom cabinet and take 2 paracetamol and eventually went back to sleep.

My question is everyone says your first period is heavier after a MC but is it also more painful? what was your experience?

Hi, mine took 7 weeks to come. Then it was longer than usual. (usually 4 days but lasted a week). And was a bit more painful and heavy than usually. Some say it is very painful so i suppose it varies from person to person.

hi there. mine was darker and thicker with more cramps. i think they can take a few months to return to 'normal'. good luck hun x

Hi my miscarraige happened on the 1st Feb and ended by the 5th so we ttc straight after hoping i would get pregnant before af arrived (we concieved the first time on our first attempt too) unfortunatly my af came 34days after and it only lasted 2 days and was lighter but i think it depends on how far you were when you miscarried i was only 6 weeks. I had a few cramps before af arrived but it was a little different than usual period pains i seemed to get pains in my groin and really bad back ache.
Hope you get your bfp soon xxxx

Firstly, I am really very sorry for our recent loss.
I had missed mc in January and had my first period about 30 days after my erpc. This period was just like they used to be and no longer or any more painful. it did stop on day 5 and then alittle light spotting day 6 but otherwise really normal (i was expecting somethin dreadful) I have also since ovulated according to my opk and due AF next week so fingers crossed.

x

Mine was really light and really short. The second one was heavy and very painful...

Hi - my first af - 35 days after mc was much more painful, 2nd was at 34 days and more painful than my usual ones but not as bad as 1st one - in both I have felt really fatigued but I guess it's as I already have an iron deficiency.

Hope you are blessed with a normal af when it finally shows :)

hx

mine took 32 days to appear and i had more cramping than usual and i it was heavier in terms of passing more clots than usual.

thanks for your replies.

Well it's CD33 and no AF. not going to get my hopes up and expect AF to show in the next day or too as allot of you waited 32-35days -thanks everyone :)

my 1st and 2nd since mc have both been heavier and more crampy than before

Mine just came today... a whopping 51 days after my D&C... hope you either get a BFP or your AF so you can try again soon!

so sorry she came to visit, I'm still waiting - BFN again today

Aww, well hopefully it will come so you can start again... unless you O'd late... hard to tell sometimes after a loss... Hope you get a BFP or witch soon so you can move on... Best of luck to you dear!

My period lasted 2 days and usually lasts 4 and wasn't heavy x

OK, so I am on my third day of my first AF since D&C and it is HORRID! I have been cramping and bleeding VERY heavy. Hope this isn't what it is like for everyone else...

It is 30 days (approx) from the beginning of the mc? Or from the end of the bleeding when the HCG is 0?

from the first day of bleeding from your mc - like you'd count from a period.

oh listkeeper - so sorry it's crappy! keep strong!

mine came 31 days after MC and oh my god the cramps and pain!!!felt like when i first use to get my periods very very painful and made me feel so nauseasous for the first day!!!was quite heavy and had clots for 2 days the bleed was very very like the MC bleed but i had no pain wen i had the MC but made up for it the day AF came!!!!horrible horrible period but i only bled for 2 days heavy then 3rd day was quite light 4th day nothing 5th day brown discharge and then nothing since!!!xxxx

Well today is day 5 of mine first post m/c period... it is finally dwindling... It was horrible... I am so glad it is finally finishing up since hubby is possibly coming home tonight for his pass till he deploys! Hope everybody else' AF's aren't too bad...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->