What dolls house?

Jessica60

Reaction score
my seven year old has asked for a dolls house but I need advice on what to get?

She has seen that ridiculously priced Barrbie house with slide and swimming pool but I'm not spending that.

I want to get one that was like my old sindy house in the 1980's. A tall one that will house barbie or sindy dolls instead of small wooden figures.

Anyone tried and tested them that can offer advice please

We went to walmart and got the generic $20 one last Christmas. I like it because it's small and can fold up.

They have a mansion that I got from the goodwill.

Maybe check ebay?

Sometimes charity shops can have some good bargains. I've seen some beautiful ones in the shop windows that look good as new :)

I've checked Facebook arket place and gumtree but all the ones that look ok good are selling quick.
Is everyone online Christmas shopping do you think?

We got an old fashioned Barbie house on Gumtree.

Otherwise how about the designer friends one in Argos. Not sure how much it is? The dolls are bigger so Barbie would fit.
Barbie houses are stupidly expensive and not even that good

My daughter had one when she was younger, I think it was from the studio catalogue and it wasn't expensive for the size of it! I want to say it was around £60, and I'm not joking it was HUGE not sure they still do them but they do other dolls houses and personalised, my daughter had her name on the roof of this house, it was big enough for her barbie dolls :)

My girls have a Kidcraft one from Costco, it's not official Barbie but is the right scale for them. I believe the ones Smyths sell are Kidcraft too just not branded as such. This one looks good and is similar to what we have:
Isabelle's Doll House - Dollhouses UK

We got the girls this one last year. It's almost as tall as me (I'm 4'11"). I think it was £149.99

DsajPIe.jpg

Shpock is also another good secondhand place and it's based on your local area :)

These are exactly what I'm after. Thank you. Smartiemeup did that house of yours come with the pool?

These are exactly what I'm after. Thank you. Smartiemeup did that house of yours come with the pool?

Only the little flat thing on the floor :haha: we weren't looking for something to fill with water. But this gets used for barbies and LOL's :) so the pool suits LOL's better due to shallowness.

Wow that house is lovely Smartie.

We have a lovely dolls house from ASDA for LOLs too small for Barbie though and that's up in DD2s room.

They have smaller Barbie house downstairs that we got second hand but I love this..... Now I need to remind myself NO we have no room....yet!

Smartie that dolls house is amazing ! I’d so get it for DDs but we just don’t have the space

The girls have a wooden one. It’s not big enough for a barbie but perfect for all there LOLs etc and they love it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->