What else will I need??

Sarahwoo

Work from home Mummy
Reaction score
Now that Oliver is almost three months old and I'm feeling more organised and in control :)haha:) I am making the move to real nappies. I'm very excited!! I just need to know what else I need to get . . . any suggestions would be great! :flower:

So far I have on order:

*Five BG V3's
*Six Pop-In Dream Dri's (free through my local coucil's real nappy scheme!! How good is that!!)
*Flushable liners
*Nappy bucket (again free through council)
*Soap nuts for washing

I know I need more nappies and I was thinking of getting the e-bay cheapies to bulk out my stash? How many do you think I shoud get?

Do I need anything else? I am sooooo new to all this, but I really want to get it right!!

Thankyou!!

Its so exciting when you start using cloth nappies :happydance:
You may want a wetbag when going out, to put the used nappies in and you may want to try reusable wipes. My reusable wipes are just flannels cut in half then stitched.

The ebay cheapies are great .. here's a link to a thread I started when I first switched to cloth, it'll give you an indication of what to expect and which seller to use :thumbup: https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/362332-ebay-cheapie-fluffies-opinions.html

As Henny said, wetbags are great for when you're out and about and I would recommend reusuable fleece liners as these kind of lock away the pee from baby's skin. I make my own from cheap fleece blankets from Dunelm or Primark :)

Argh I'm so excited!! Can't wait for my nappies to arrive lol!!

Great idea re using the cheapie fleece Primark blankets to make liners . . . Ikea do super cheap ones too which I guess would work?!?

I looked at re-usable wipes which I would be more than happy to use, however I mentioned it to my hubby and he gave me 'the look' and said that was a step too far lol!! so I'll let him get used to the nappies before I intruduce the wipes :haha:

I'll def have a look at the e-bay cheapie thread and look for a wetbag too :)

my hubby gave me the same look about the wipes but now we use them and he cant imagine going back! I also realised soon after switching that the other wipes (even though they were "as gentle as cotton wool and water" organic kind) were irritating bubs skin!

Yep we were the same about reusable wipes but I actually found that it was a pain using disposable when out and about as I would just through the nappy in the wet bag and then have to find a bin for the wipes as I didn't need nappy bags anymore so it became easier to use reusable.

It is so exciting starting your stash I haven't had mine that long but it has grown quickly!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->