What exactly is NTNP??

clarsair

Reaction score
Well, I know it's not trying not preventing!

But I'd be interested to know what this means for everyone - is it just randomly DTD without any use of charts, OPKs etc or is it just being lax with BC?! Sorry for being nosey but I thought of myself as TTC with my LO but reading some of the threads here it sounds more like NTNP.

Sorry for the acronym overload!

I'm sure it's different for everyone...

For me and OH, I had my Mirena IUD removed today (yay!) and we will continue on as while I was on BC without counting days, watching the calendar, timing the BDs, temping, charting, or testing. I never kept track of my periods before - I just know they come around the 10th of each month. I wake up in the morning and it's there so that won't change. I've never tried to calculate when I'm ovulating or anything like that so I haven't the slightest idea if I'd be on CD14 or another time. We will be HOPING to fall pregnant but not being really serious about making it happen right away until after our wedding in June. Then we'll start using OPKs, charting, counting, etc. We've also decided that if we don't get a sticky BFP by September, we'll see a fertility doctor and take things a step further - get testing done to ensure we're both "functioning properly" and maybe even try Clomid or similar.

Neither of us drink (ever), do drugs, or smoke so we don't have any lifestyle habits that need to change in order for us to be healthier while TTC. We're just taking it day by day as we always have. It'll be more fun that way I hope. I'm hoping to keep us from being devastated at the monthly arrival of AF and don't want to spend money on POAS or OPKs etc.

That's just us though - I'm sure it's different for everyone! :)

I dont chart, I dont use OPK's or anything like that, just take it as it comes really :)

Well I am doing the OPK's this month. And I chart my AF on a app on my phone so I don't get any surprises although my AF is like clock work 28/29days. But...IDK what we really are :rofl:

Dh sometimes :spermy: in me and sometimes not...so idk what category that falls under :haha:

I have no idea but would love to know. We use condoms but have not a few times recently and we used the last today and DH does not seem to care about using them now (although the plan is to WTT until early 2013). I have had 2 MMC and DS and all 3 times we was TTC we DTD everyday so that was trying to me. I am stuck if we are NTNP or not?

Hi - just quickly popping over from the other forum.

My husband and I decided that after we got married, we wouldn't actively try, nor prevent anything from happening. I had no clue when my most fertile period was, or anything. If you were to ask me when I ovulated, I'd give a blank expression and say somepoint within the 28 days lol. I literally had no clue, just waited to see what happened xxx

For me its going to be having sex whenever we want, we have already decided to ditch the condoms and I came off the pill late last year so its all systems go. I dont think Ill be able to resist watching the calendar though!! x

I think I belong here. I came off BC about 3 months ago. My cycles are alllll jacked up now though. I am taking vitex and maca, but that is to hopefully correct my cycles. We just do it when we feel like it and he comes in me when he feels like it.

The line is a bit blurred sometimes. For me, if I were NTNP, I'd be TTC in my head lol..cuz I know exactly when I ovulate so I'd be tryin to get tons of :sex: then! That's just me tho :haha:

Technically, I think it's just not using any form of birth control and bd'ing whenver you feel like it, rather than based ona certain time of your cycle.

I got my:bfp: when we were NTNP-we just weren't using any contraception and :sex: whenever lol. I had no clue when I was fertile or not and didn't even realise AF was late for about 14 days and I started feeling sick! :blush:

NTNP for us is using withdrawl as the only form of BC. After our move in April we probably wont use withdrawl method. I would love a BFP this year!

PeaceLoveBaby - I love your baby's name! We were going to name our first baby girl Abigail Rose too but I found out our future LO's cousin is Lillian Rose and OH didn't want them to have the same middle name. So we decided on Abigail Azalea instead. :)

Hi ladies thought I'd share too!
I'm pretty sure I fit in the NTNP category too. We aren't charting or anything and I'm trying not to pay too much attention to my cycle but it's really hard not too!! DH and I bd when the mood is right... Which is kinda often seeing as how we're newly weds ;) sorry tmi! I'm never sure of when I O and we don't necessarily bd on the fertile days. We're enjoying being married and will be EXTATIC if a little surprise comes our way!!

Wish everyone MUCH luck on their journey!! Wherever it takes you!!

PeaceLoveBaby - I love your baby's name! We were going to name our first baby girl Abigail Rose too but I found out our future LO's cousin is Lillian Rose and OH didn't want them to have the same middle name. So we decided on Abigail Azalea instead. :)

Thank you!!!! :D I'm an insane Beatles fan...Dh wouldn't go with Penny Lane :haha: so we compromised :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->