What food do your kids eat ie teens..

Oldermummy78

Reaction score
So I'm sick of my teenage girls going through there 'health kicks' buying them loads of salads and healthy foods in and they eat maybe one or 2 and everything else gets thrown away!

I can't afford to waste anymore effort or money on this

What do you buy to stick in the fridge, that they can grab quick that's also nutritional that they will turn to instead of going out and buying themselves macdonalds or crisps

I'm coming to the end of my tether and need help quick please :dohh:

Xx

I don't have teens but am quite bad for " going healthy" quite often then getting bored. I buy stuff like salad bits and make up a salad and put it in a container and it will keep for a few days. That way I can just grab it quickly. We usually have hummus and Rice cakes or chopped veg sticks. I will slow cook a chicken and keep that in the fridge and use for salads or sandwiches. Yogurts, lots of fruit. I make up smoothie bags and freeze, just the fruit chopped into portions. Then I just stick it in the active blend with some almond milk. I always buy the uht stuff.
Often, it's the preparation that puts me off so this helps.

Hope this helps some. Sorry if it doesn't.

Thank you dcs that's a start for sure
I bought a salad pot today what I knew they would eat, southern fried chicken salad with pasta and salad, almost £8 though! So I may just go cook some pasta and chicken and make things like this myself too xx

I love those pasta pots for convenience, but they do get awfully expensive. How old are they if you don't mind me asking? I'd get them to help you prep things.

My 18 year old eats his dinner and that all I see of him lol he may leave a trail of crumbs at night time when he has a snack, but most of the time he is out at school, work or friends, when he is in he may just have sandwiches, fruit, crisps, salad/pasta pots or if he is on a heath binge he will eat the protein bars and such out of the health shop.

Mug shots are quick,filling and low fat.
My children will eat what we eat, and thats that.
I make sure there's lots of fruit in the bowl and also with salad stuff, what about pickled onions? A bag if carrots? They can be grabbed and eaten raw.
But if they decide not to eat them then you can always cook them for veg one night with a meal.
Rice cakes?
Rivetas keep for ages if wrapped correctly and they're good too.
Yogurts?
Xx

Homous, pitta breads and veg are easy and filling :) cut up some pepper and carrot sticks and store them in little tubs, I usually have antipasti type meats alongside too.
Maybe some Greek yoghurt? Delicious with some honey and blueberries on top

I leave fruit out and make sausage rolls/sandwich fillings and tuna pasta in the fridge for them x

Thanks girls so all along the same lines
Will try them and hope they are satisfied

I made a sticky bbq chicken in the slow cooker and going to add some rice for there tea will try sneak a few vegetables in there too :thumbup:
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->