What food to pack?

Lovemybump1

Reaction score
I'm just wondering whether you ladies have any ideas about what food would be good to pack in your hospital bag? So far I was thinking:
Cereal bars
Straws
Biscuits
Squash
Juice
Lucozade tablets
Jelly babies (well you always see marathon runners eating them during a marathon?)

Any other ideas? Thanks x

I never really feel like eating in labor, my first pregnancy my husband ate all the snacks we brought. And after labor I'm more in the mood for a huge meal :), which the nurses can get. The water and ice chips the hospital here has is about all I felt like for labor. But I'd just say brig what you like to eat!

I never ate during labour, but afterwards I was famished.. And it was 11.30pm when I got back on the ward, so no food until breakfast, I can tell you I was glad I took a box of cadburys brunch bars, I think I ate 4 in one go! Starving was not the word, I would of loved a sandwich but there was no where to keep one.. They have squash and hot drinks available to you at all times, so maybe the drinks aren't needed, x

I wasn't allowed to eat last time. I've packed energy drinks for dh and I, chocolate, crisps and skittles. If I feel like it I can pick at them. If not, they'll give me a boost of sugar afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->