What happens after you know about primary school?

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
So we all know where our children are going to primary school but what happens now?

Do I need to get in touch with the school, will they get in touch with me or do I just send her along on the first day of term?

We weren't given any other information other than the primary school we were allocated.

School got in touch with me to arrange 2 visits, I have the second one tomorrow night. I'm in Scotland though so don't know if its different for you? Maybe ring them and ask x

I was contacted direct from the school with info about an evening thing and the dates of when to take him in for an hour in his class etc. The meeting isn't until the end of June though.

I'd ring the school and ask.

I'd call the school and ask.

We had a pack sent through about 3 weeks ago which we've returned giving all the info they needed. This pack also contained the uniform policy and dates for us parents to go into the school and dates for the play and stay session.
Our parents meeting is the end on June. The stay and play is 2nd July. As E is special needs we are then going in on 11th July again to talk to her teacher and TA and then there will more than likely be another date when E goes in to familiarise herself with the classroom.

Yea we were sent information about open info evenings, and a few sessions to take ds1 to to help him settle on before the term. I'd contact the school x

We haven't heard anything yet. I am in London and there is still a lot of movement going on with waiting lists (between offer day and first week in May I moved from 16th to 8th on waiting list for school down my street that we didn't get). Where we are they send out info after half term when the place allocations have stopped moving around quite so much and they have a better idea of which children may actually be attending come September. Other children that I know locally to me (but going to different primaries to DD1) also haven't heard anything yet. I would think that if you are also in an area with high mobility it may be soon to have heard anything about uniform / settling in. But if you are in a small town or village I would call and check as places don't tend to move around so much after aloocation day and they can send the info earlier.

I had a letter and a load of forms directly from the school.

1st meeting is on the 9th June x

They are contacting me .. Tho still not heard anything

We got a letter on Thursday inviting us to an open evening where we can go along have a tour of the school and take DD along to meet her teacher/class mates and we can order uniform etc.

It all feels a bit too real now! Very scary

We still haven't heard anything. I already know a good deal about the school as DD goes to the nursery there but haven't received any information about term dates, teachers etc;

We got a letter inviting us to a group meeting, had a look around school etc. We have a home visit from the reception teacher on Wednesday then 3 half day visits starting in 2 weeks x

Wow schooling seems so different where you all live! In the states, it's the parents job to start everything. We do the research on the schools ourselves and get the documents in ourselves etc. I feel jipped! LOL :)

Wow schooling seems so different where you all live! In the states, it's the parents job to start everything. We do the research on the schools ourselves and get the documents in ourselves etc. I feel jipped! LOL :)

We've done that - it's the follow on on when the meet the kids and uniforms ect

Yeah, that all happened earlier in the year. We did the research and then had to do our applications by mid-January. In April we received our offers of a place and had to accept / reject by end of April. Now the schools need to contact us with info about starting dates, uniform rules and ordering etc. Many of them choose to do a home visit too before a new child starts in reception.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->