What have you bought so far?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
I know im not the only one beginning to build up a secret little stash ...

What are you girls hoarding?

Ive got the dress done, going to start ordering stationary next week, collect a few bits and bobs each month and keep it in a big box :)

Dress, Bridesmaids dresses tomorrow :thumbup:

I have a box with all the cards, ribbons, cutters and all the bits I need to do the invites and favours with.

I also have tiara stashed away :happydance:

Bought my flower girls hair band in the sale at BHS for £2.

The box has actually spilled over to another box and a bag :dohh:
xx

BHS apparently have a great sale on in the wedding section atm, you just reminded me Boo, might go down there and have a nose at the weekend!!

BHS apparently have a great sale on in the wedding section atm, you just reminded me Boo, might go down there and have a nose at the weekend!!

TBH - the one I went too which is normally really good for bridal was a bit pants :nope:

They had some bridesmaid dresses reduced but they looked really tatty and last year they had shoes on sale and they've still got them this year (same ones) and you can see where they've taken the little reduced stickers off - they all looked really tatty too :dohh:

Then again last year in october when I went it was good so might be picking up a bit now??

xx

So far I've got
- Love Heart Sweets
- 3x large brandy glasses for centre pieces (still need another 6)
- Save the date magnets
- Deposit down for photographer
- Invites on order

Im trying to slow down otherwise I'll have nothing to do 6 months before

:rofl: thats what im thinking, i need to space it out a bit so i dont have everything done and sorted by christmas

so far we have:
*church and reception booked (reception paid)
*Save the date magnets sent and rsvp's 90% received back
*caterer sorted (finalising menu on sunday)
*bar hire booked
*my dress(es!)
*bridesmaid dresses are on order
*Invites picked just waiting to order
*Gift list being finalised in the next few weeks
*Loads of bits bought for decorations etc.

god didn't realise how much stuff i had done! feel super-organised now! :happydance:

Ok so i can add save the date magnets to my list ive just ordered those, id never seen them before until i was browsing ebay, they are so cool!! Plus pretty cheap too!!

We're only have a small ceremony so i got away with ordering 20 for £6.00 inc postage :happydance:

PP who did you use just out of interest? mine were from ebay and were really good. wondering if it was the same person?

Also, did you go for magnetic paper or a magnet stuck on laminated paper? Wish i'd have had magnetic paper but OH reckoned that people wouldn't know they were magnets :dohh:

I bought my save the dates from ebay and it didnt say anything about backing? Got the proof a few days ago so hopefully they turn up tomorrow

I used these ones https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220465627281&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I made my own STD magnets. We needed about 65 so was cheaper to make - they turned out really good too!!

xx

We've only been engaged for 6 days, but we have already started plotting! And we have a year and a half!

I have a lace and blue ribbon garter. That's it. Someone gave it to me because she never bothered at her own wedding. Still in the package and everything. Guess that's my "something blue"!
We also set up a website. I might link to it in my signature...
We also settled on a formal-but-not-too-formal wedding. Probably in a hotel, with the reception there too. He refuses to do it in a church...:cry: I put my foot down and demanded a minister. (He's atheist, but i'm Christian)

I bought my save the dates from ebay and it didnt say anything about backing? Got the proof a few days ago so hopefully they turn up tomorrow

I used these ones https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220465627281&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

they are on magnetic paper hun! they are a really good company, my friend used them for her LO's christening stuff and it was lovely!

I'll take a pic of mine and post it in a sec...

here is ours bought from here: Ebay shop- "TLC FAVOURS"

(please excuse the fact that they are blue, we scrapped the tiffany blue colour scheme just after sending out all 35 save the dates! :dohh:!)

front
https://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h264/aimyaimy/P110909_1538.jpg

back:
https://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h264/aimyaimy/P110909_153801.jpg

Lulu i used the same person as Kimbowee .... Personal touch, but i picked these ones https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20x-Save-the...ash=item4a9244d823&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

Because i loved that they came in different colours

i have bought........ NOTHING lol!
Still in the air about where to just run away and have a wedding abroad, wait so we can have a mini bridsmaid or page boy with us when we get married (so ttc first) or have a big wedding next year!!
hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm

x

I have my dress :happydance:

Bought my stuff for the table plan, favour bags (then need lottery tickets), flowers for me and the bridesmaids, hotel booked, registrar booked and thats it I think

I have ordered my dress. :happydance:
The deposit has been paid for the all inclusive venue we've chosen.
and that's it

I have less than 8 months and I barely have anything done :dohh:

Hopefully the BM's dresses will be ordered soon along with save the dates. I'm supposed to get together with my mum to discuss Invitations and such, and I've been looking for shoes and have had no luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->