What helps a burn?

BurtonBaby

Reaction score
OUCCHHH! I burned myself today while trying to cook a veggie burger (theres a good reason I dont cook!), and its really hurting. I put it under cold water, and now in an icepack, but when I take the ice pack off it hurts like crazy again. It has a white yucky blister on it. Is there anything that might help? Thanks in advance!!

Okay you are going to think I'm weird but I worked at McDonald's and whenever we got grease burns we put either mustard or a pickle on it to take the sting out

Try aloe vera gel or, if you can get to the drug store, ask if they sell a product called second skin - it's a gel dressing and works really well.
Do not pop blister, by the way. It can infect and that hurts even more.
The icing and cool water is the best remedy if that's all you have in the house. Or pickles, I guess. :)
Vickie, wouldn't the vinegar sting, though?

Try aloe vera gel or, if you can get to the drug store, ask if they sell a product called second skin - it's a gel dressing and works really well.
Do not pop blister, by the way. It can infect and that hurts even more.
The icing and cool water is the best remedy if that's all you have in the house. Or pickles, I guess. :)
Vickie, wouldn't the vinegar sting, though?

Actually no doesn't sting at all, takes the burn right out.

ALOE VERA SEEMS TO BE THE BEST AS ITS NATURAL AND REALLY QUITE PERFECT FOR BURNS...i ALWAYS GROW AN ALOE VERA PLANT OUTSIDE THE KITCHEN WINDOW...AS IM ALWAYS BURNING MYSELF BY ACCIDENT!!!! YOU JUST BREAK A LEAF OFF AND SMEAR THE INSIDES ALL OVER! :lol:
BTW did you know that tomatoes and cucumbers are really good for bad sunburn! Just thought you might like to know~:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->