what/how much does your baby eat ?

loeylo

1DD, 1 pup, WTT#2
Reaction score
I feel like my daughter is maybe getting too much milk and not enough food. Does this sound okay?

Also, she is allergic to cows milk so I worry about her getting enough calcium, which is probably why she has so many bottles. I cant face making our dinners with the formula or almond/soya milk and I'm already cooking two meals each night so don't make different for her. I'm going to work full-time as of Thursday (eek!)

She's nearly 10 months and is pretty average size wise. Here is her typical daily food.

Breakfast: 6oz bottle of milk, half of the milk poured into cereal (Weetabix, rice crispies or porridge) and then usually a piece of fruit (tangerine, small banana, or similar) or a slice of toast, dairy free butter, some avocado and a few cherry tomatoes.

Lunch:
Handful of small shell pasta, handful of frozen peas, small tin of tuna. Or something similar but that's her favourite. 3-4oz of milk.

Snack:
Small sugar free jelly pot, tinned fruit, a banana, 2 party rings or a slice of toast with peanut butter. If she has an unhealthy option at this snack, she has a healthy one at her later snack and vice versa. 6oz milk.

Dinner:
Whatever we are having, unless it has dairy in it. If it has dairy we give her a whole jar of baby food, or something like the tuna pasta if we have some made up and she didn't eat it at lunch. She drinks water.

Snack: As above with 6oz milk.

Wow she eats loads more than my 9 month old boy..! Sounds like she's got a great appetite to me, haha!

She eats very well, I wouldn't worry at all :).

She eats way more than my 8 month old eats. Milk/formula should be the main source of nutrition for her, with solid foods being complimentary until she is a year old.

Thanks ladies. She does like her food but she hasn't reduced her milk volume at all since increasing her food intake. We aren't seeing the dietician until a few days after her first birthday, but at her last appointment they did say that we should now be offering food before milk by 9 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->