What is going on with my body!? (Thyroid related)

Samiam03

Reaction score
A little history on me...I had issues growing up every time I had some sort of growth...like whenever I had a massive growth spurt, puberty, ECT...I would become tired, lose all my hair, and lose disgusting amounts of weight. I went to the top physicians in the US at Johns Hopkins and all they could do was shrug their shoulders. I was pretty much undiagnosed and just labeled as having alopecia.

Well after I had my son, I started having the same issue...hair loss, irritability, exhaustion, weight loss. I went to the doctor and one blood test later I was diagnosed hypothyroid. So it is safe to say my issues growing up were at least thyroid related...I had so many blood tests though and they never found anything. Anyway...I was put on 75 mcg of synthyroid and all my issues went away. I was on it all of pregnancy and for a year.

I went for my prescription renewal two months post partum with my daughter and had my blood tested...turned out my thyroid got better and I was lowered to 50 mcg. I got tested a month later and it got even better and I am now slightly hyper due to the medication but the doctor made the decision to keep me on my dosage and said to come back in 3 months to be tested again.

Well the past three days I have been fricken exhausted no matter how much sleep I get. I've been so irritable with my kids to the point where I have to lock myself in a room to cool down for a second so I don't do anything crazy. My skin is so dry and breaking out and it seems my hair loss picked up. It's safe to say my thyroid has further improved and the medication probably has me super hyper now. I plan to go off it tomorrow and see how I do without it and I will see my doctor Saturday (she only works Saturday).

Is this normal of hypothyroid? I am starting to wonder if there is an even more underlying cause to my issues that everyone is missing. One pregnancy threw my hypo and now the other pregnancy has thrown me normal (or possibly heading to hyper on a fast train). I'm so frustrated. I still plan to go to my doctor but I would like to see if anyone has any insight or suggestions I should throw up for my doctor?

You posted a while back and no one answered you gosh. This is my first time venturing into this part of BnB. I might have to hang out here more often in Health and Wellbeing. I recommend you google “celiac disease and hypothyroidism.” You will find plenty to read about. It is suspected that there is a link between the two. I was dx with a low thyroid at 17 and have been taking Synthroid ever since. I had about 90% of hypothyroid symptoms until I went gluten free January 14th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->