What is going on with the world???

WelshOneEmma

1 DD, 1 DS plus 2MC
Reaction score
Wow, just wow - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ns-ALIVE-kept-basement-Ohio-house-DECADE.html

Its shocking that these things are still happening in this day and age. Makes me scared as to what sort of world I am bringing my kids into.

I saw this earlier, just shocking. The poor girls.... I read that one of the girls mums died while they were held captive. So happy they're free.. A lot of therapy will be needed I'm sure.

It is just so sad so unbelievable. I am so happy they can go home and this pervert will go to jail for life.. Horrible :flower:

This is awful.

That said, I don't share the viewpoint that the world is a terrible place. I think it's always had it's good folks and it's not so nice ones. I think the advent of the internet and social media has increased our awareness of what's going on tenfold, so we're more likely to read about it, think about it and discuss it.

I also think having a child makes you extra aware of terrible things that happen. I know I feel much more sensative about tragedies than I did before becoming a mother. When you love someone so deeply, it brings a new level of horror to these types of things.

This is awful.

That said, I don't share the viewpoint that the world is a terrible place. I think it's always had it's good folks and it's not so nice ones. I think the advent of the internet and social media has increased our awareness of what's going on tenfold, so we're more likely to read about it, think about it and discuss it.

I also think having a child makes you extra aware of terrible things that happen. I know I feel much more sensative about tragedies than I did before becoming a mother. When you love someone so deeply, it brings a new level of horror to these types of things.

I suppose you are right. Its just so shocking that all these cases are coming to light. It scares me having a girl!

Remember too all of the neighbours who came to help. Most people are good X

This is awful.

I suppose you are right. Its just so shocking that all these cases are coming to light. It scares me having a girl!

I hear you! Having a girl is terrifying!

This is awful.

Would it be wrong to fit her with a chastity belt??

I'm afraid I bet there are. Lot more cases like this of missing people only a few are lucky enough to escape. So happy they are free!!

This is awful.

Yes! This is a problem with a very small minority of men and how they view women. Best thing we can do is to raise our sons to treat women with respect and viewing women as equals.

This is awful.

Yes! This is a problem with a very small minority of men and how they view women. Best thing we can do is to raise our sons to treat women with respect and viewing women as equals.

I have 3 sons 21, 19 and almost 13 and that is exactly what I instilled in them.. And it paid off . But you are right it should be in the book of motherhood to always make sure your sons know how to treat a woman and how not to.. XO

Its a shocking story but I am glad they got out relatively young and hope they enjoy the rest of their lives in peace.

This is so sad and makes me absolutely sick! I can't stop thinking about what these ladies have been through for the last ten years, I'm glad they're free and I hope they are able to recover well and live their lives.

As for this sick individual, he deserves nothing but hell!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->