What is it with Families and weddings?!

Bernie

Reaction score
Hi me and my partner of 12 years are getting married on the 12th july so its getting rather close. We askes my father in laws wife if she could make the wedding cake as she very good at cakes and i knew she wanted to be involved. She said yes and hope she wasnt stepping on MIL toes. We said it was fine then weeks later she says she cant do it worried about MIL. So bit annoyed so asked MIL to do it and shes fine about it. FIL wife has been deseperate to be involved as her son got married abroad and didnt tell her to his long term partner. She has been annoying trying to do things and suggest things and ive felt very crowed by her. I know shes only trying to help but my god i feel like im suffercated. Ive had to tell hetlr that me and OH are doing it together on our own bit slowly shes trying to worm her way back in again. Shes was round here the other day playing with one of my girls and my OH sat there and read out an email from our vicar whp have us the dates of having our Banns read out. She pipe up i will come me and ya dad so again felt very backed in to a corner. She put the dates in to her phone and went home. I get a text saying she cant make one of the dates as she happens to be going away so i was honest with her in the nicest way possable and said i need to consider MIL feelings as she helps me out with the kids when OH is at work if i get stuck she will drop everything and shes the only one who is willing to baby sit. Shes not text back think shes peed off. I also said that it would be better if.me and OH went on our own to save arrguments. I havent got a text back think she pissed off. But the way i see it why should she get to do all the stuff she wants to do with the wedding when her other son and his girlfriend will probably
oget married in a couple of years anway. She doesnt also know in fairness that ive got an anxitey disorder either wich im having counsiling for but thats private stuff. I just feel like im being suffocated. Thought she would understand she was the one who told me to consider MIL feelings hence why she backed out of making the cake not unless that was an excuse not to do it. Anyone else having problems?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->