What is safe to use on a minor burn?

srrhc

3 Boys
Reaction score
Hello I have a very minor burn on my arm from reaching into the oven and barely touching the rack. It is red and stings pretty bad. I real on web md that pregnant woman shouldn't use neosporin?? Does anyone know anything else besides ice I can put on it to relieve the sting?

Coconut oil. Though not a burn our water is heated electrically and so gets ridiculously hot (and the silly system has no user accessible thermostat), one time my second eldest was washing his hands and the water suddenly got hot and he nearly scalded his hands, not enough to do any serious harm but enough to sting and make them go red. I put coconut oil all over them and some cotton gloves and after an hour or so he was fine. Lansinoh is good for minor burns as well and is totally safe (unless you have a lanolin allergy of course) xx

Aloe Vera gel is GREAT on burns. Even better if you happen to have a plant but you can find it bottled at the pharmacy. It's good for sunburn too.

In a bind, if you don't have anything great to use on it, mustard actually provides relief. Learned that when waiting tables. ;)

Thank you all so much. I was able to get relief! No more sting

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->