what is she doing?

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
Chloe has started waking up at about 4am and staying awake, she's mever done this. I have tried not feeding her as I dont want her to get back into the habit if wanting a night feed but its the only thing that will get her to sleep- eventually.

It took 1.5 hours this morning ad she didnt go back down for long, shedidnt wake up crying but just chatting and singing.

Is this the normal time for a growth spurt or something? Does she actually need feeding?

I'm not sure.

My LO wakes early anyway - anywhere from 4-6 and usually I feed as I'm bfing and if she doesn't seem sleepy, we get up. She goes back down sometimes within an hour or two of being away. I'll then nap when she does.

However, once she's up she only takes 'powernaps' during the day and evening. It's only at night that she'll sleep for any length of time. She's been like this since about 2 or 3 weeks and she's about 2.5 months now.

As long as she seems happy, I wouldn't worry and if she was really hungry she'd probably be really fussy. Sounds like she's just waking up earlier at the moment...

they're meant to have a big growth spurt at around Chloe and Ally's age. I think Ally's had his but Chloe was meant to come in August wasn't she? so maybe she's having hers a bit later.

I don't have much advice but I'd be tempted to put her in her own room so that if she wakes up and is happy she doesn't wake you up until she's not happy!

Hope it is just a phase and that it doesn't last too long.

just offering my support - being in the same boat and all...

these days, on a good morning when LO wakes, i find myself thinking "ah great! it's 6am!" like thats a lie in...lie ins used to be 10am!!! lol

Is she on solids yet? I only ask because my HV told me to try solids when Marlowe started waking more.

Alot of babies start waking around this age I've noticed. I think it's teething.

she's not on solids, but I dont think its that- she's showing no other signs. Its more likely to be teeth, or just something babies her age do by the looks of it!

my doctor also said once they start waking in the night the they need solids... at around 4 months, he said as early as 3 months too... and to start with rice cereal.

personally if she isnt crying or wanting anything i would just leave her until a certain time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->