What is the (food menu) like for your 6month old?

SnowWhite90

Reaction score
Im really struggling for ideas, he is not a big eater at all and im at a loss of what to be giving. we have tried most fruit and veg but just want to see what all other mummies do?

Baby rice & puree fruit
Puree carrots
Ella's kitchen pouches
About to start introducing slightly lumpier food - porridge, mashed bananas, humus, and other veg such as butternut squash & sweet potato.

We were only really doing lunch at 6 months and starting to add in breakfast some days. For lunch, I often did things like plain pasta (sauce made it too slippery at first), toast fingers with hummus, mashed banana, mashed avocado, mashed banana and avocado, cashew butter, rice cakes spread with the same sort of stuff, little finger sandwiches with hummus or cream cheese, then usually cucumber sticks or melon sticks or a piece of banana or half plum or nectarine, sometimes I did soup with toast dippers. Breakfast we did porridge balls (look online and you should find a recipe), or fruit (same as above) to dip in plain yogurt, or toast fingers (again with some of the same stuff). Eventually we started to do scrambled egg for breakfast, but that was closer to 7 months.

My LO is 6 months 3 weeks and our routine is:

7am 6oz formula
10am Porridge with cows milk
2pm 1 jar of fruit purée and a few glugs of Apple spring water
4pm 4oz formula
6pm 1 jar veggies/pasta and 1 jar of dessert and glugs of juice
7pm-ish Rusk whilst mummy and daddy are eating
9pm 6-7oz formula after bath, then bed

She's had a cold and cough recently and has gone totally off her formula so I have introduced a shot of multi vitamin a day. I've been totally stressing over how she's stopped drinking it, but I've finally realised that if she wants it, she will let me know!

Going to introduce some lumpy bits in next couple of weeks x

Mashed banana
Buttery toast
Mashed avocado spread on Pitta bread
Baked beans
Tinned Spaghetti in sauce
Weetabix
Yogurts
Grated cheese
Tuna
Sweet potato roasted in the oven
Scrambled eggs
Little chunks/ slivers of really ripe pears

She doesn't eat lots but at the moment I'm just letting her explore flavours

I want to try more carbs and protein soon

I skipped baby rice as I didn't see it as having any nutritional value

Some background: I didn't do BLW or TW and I didn't use purees.

Her first food was fish. Fish is excellent because it's really easy to chew and highly nutritious. Other early foods were banana, avocado, cheese, egg, and soft fruits. We didn't do vegetables because I gave her some cooked carrot early on and it cause issues and popped out the other end the same way it went in. It made me realize that vegetables aren't digested so they're pretty pointless. I didn't do grains for similar reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->