What is the real danger of TTC right away, like two months after a c-section?

_jellybean_

Reaction score
I have read a bit about uterine rupture, but the risk seems quite small, if I read correctly. Is there really a huge risk of TTC two months afterwards? Feeling a bit broody right now:rofl:

ETA: Definitely still hormonal.

Risk is slightly higher before 6 months post partum, (UR, scar separation),but there is little difference once over 6 months.

I was told to wait at least 18 months to give your body time to heal :)

Ive had 10 year gap & 8 year gap....:baby::baby::baby:

Then ive had a 15 month gap :baby::baby: It was tough, my surgeon said I had a uterine rupture & my bladder was stuck to my old scar tissue

On the other hand, I have had 4 csections & I emigrated whilst pregnant & then moved house 3 times! :shock: Think my body went through way too much

Good luck ~ I remember getting broody really early on after having DD! :cloud9:

I think i was told 3 months by my GP!

I have had two c-sections my eldest is 18months and new baby is 2wks.. i never had any problem.

Thanks! We're starting at the end of May. Spoke w/ doctor about it.

I had a stillbirth (emergency C-section), and conceived shortly afterwards, about a month and a half (unplanned ... but not unwanted!).

I was monitored closely throughout the pregnancy and at the beginning, told to consider an abortion.
because of uterine rupture risk and many other health shenanigans, I was scheduled a C-section at 38 weeks.

YMMV, and my health's certainly way worse than the average woman's, but I reccomend giving your body plenty of time to heal - not just 2 months!

I have concived when my daughter was 4 months old, it wasnt planned we were taking precautions but this baby is wanted very much, no-one has told me off, doctor or mw but i would recommend trying to give your body as much time as possible, im finding first tri knackering with a 6month old:wacko:

My dr suggested 3 cycles, so 12 weeks ish. I'm now at 9 weeks, going to start trying again after next af providing we have Joshua's post mortem results back and know what tests we need to have done and a meeting with genetic counsellor. Dr and mw both said that they like a year between births, so 3 months before trying xx

Thanks:) I'm 10 weeks PP, and my doctor said I can start trying, so we are trying, lol! Very excited. Thanks, ladies for your input!

Lexi,

Thanks. I hope that you get the results soon. Massive :hugs: And how are you feeling?

I have good days and bad days. Nights are the worst, the flat above us have a baby, so I wake up a lot to baby cries :( fingers crossed should have his results next week. They think they know, but need it confirmed. 25% chance of it happening again in every future pregnancy though :( just got to stay positive.

Good luck trying again!! Keep us updated :) xx

I have good days and bad days. Nights are the worst, the flat above us have a baby, so I wake up a lot to baby cries :( fingers crossed should have his results next week. They think they know, but need it confirmed. 25% chance of it happening again in every future pregnancy though :( just got to stay positive.

Good luck trying again!! Keep us updated :) xx

:hugs: Good luck with the results :hugs: I often think of you & your little angel :hugs:

Thank you. Just be nice to have some answers. Won't change anything for Joshua, but could change things for a rainbow xx

Thank you. Just be nice to have some answers. Won't change anything for Joshua, but could change things for a rainbow xx

Lexi, I hope u don't mind me asking... But u and ur OH had problems and he could be an arse sometimes when u were pg with Joshua. Are you two all better now?

I really hope u conceive your rainbow as soon as you start trying !

We lost our first born Son at 2 days old, he was delivered at 36+2 weeks by emergency c section on the 21.10.2009. On the 18.10.2010 our Daughter was delivered by elective c section. So less than a year later.

lexi, Sending you gentle :hugs:

I am sorry for the loss of your baby boy

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly