What is WRONG with all the charity shops?!

Rachel_C

Reaction score
I keep looking in charity shops for old wool jumpers to make into longies but all the charity shops round here seem to have gone up market! They all have very elegant displays and only nice clothes out, no wee smell, no chipped teacups, no broken toys. What's all that about?! I understand that they want to attract people but where am I supposed to get an old wooly jumper from now?!

It's gone a bit silly here too... some are either diabolical and others wildly overpriced. There are also about 15 in the small town centre :wacko:

I keep looking in charity shops for old wool jumpers to make into longies but all the charity shops round here seem to have gone up market! They all have very elegant displays and only nice clothes out, no wee smell, no chipped teacups, no broken toys. What's all that about?! I understand that they want to attract people but where am I supposed to get an old wooly jumper from now?!

ebay? or car boot sales? :)

It's gone a bit silly here too... some are either diabolical and others wildly overpriced. There are also about 15 in the small town centre :wacko:

:haha: that sounds like the town I grew up in. There were charity shops I would avoid as they were too expensive

I went in one recently and they had stuff from primark in there dearer than primark :wacko:

:rofl:

Good idea about ebay and car boots, might give it a go!

either that or when you go visit a older relative just steal one out their drawer!

haha ıve notıced the same, they are soooo expensıve these days!

x

it must be the influence of that Mary Queen of Shops... did you watch that? it was good but it's stopped me getting a bargain!!!

I have an elderly retired Aunt that volunteers in a charity shop (an rspca one I think) and they are really really fussy about what they will and will not sell.

She says that the majority of the donations are now passed on i.e. to textile recycling as they arent deemed as good enough!!!

We have LOADS of charity shops near us, I'll keep a look out for you ifyou want. Any particular type of wool, or patterns/colours.
Go to the independent charity shops as they're often cheaper than the "famous" ones (oxfam, british heart, etc).

It might be worth seeing if there are any jumble sales in your area as well. Or maybe you could try posting a 'wanted' ad on Freecycle?

Ali

what kind of jumper are you looking for? i might have something in the loft you can have

I'm not really looking for anything in particular to be honest. When I pass charity shops I've started going in for a quick look but they're all soooo posh now!!! No chance of finding a scruffy old wooly jumper!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->