What not to say to a premmie mummy!!

katy1310

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
We had Sophie at the doctor today because she is constantly being sick. He said it's reflux and that it's caused by Sophie being so premature - he said "You didn't do your job properly mum, you didn't keep her inside you long enough so it's all your fault" and then laughed at himself for ages :growlmad:

Oh no, that's an awful thing to say. I hope you're ok :hugs:

Thank you - I'm ok - I already feel like I let her down by not being able to keep her inside me but at least I wasn't having one of my really bad days today!

xx

Stupid doctor ignore him! If he knew anything he would know reflux happens with fullterm babies as well as my niece has it and is fullterm.

awwww i swear heres an idea for a thread :rofl:

omg i think thats quite appalling that a doctor would say such a thing to you. As if its our fault our bubs came early, that really is a heartless and disgraceful comment to make. I hope youre going to complain, i certainly would

Katy i say you start one lol

omg i think thats quite appalling that a doctor would say such a thing to you. As if its our fault our bubs came early, that really is a heartless and disgraceful comment to make. I hope youre going to complain, i certainly would

I know! I didn't ask to have Sophie come at 27 weeks nor did I do anything at all to make it happen :( I'll definitely be making sure I don't see that doctor again!

MIL keeps saying (to Leo) "You shouldn't even be here yet, you should still be cooking in Mummy's tummy!" I know she doesn't mean it in a horrible way but it makes me feel like crap!

Oh no, that's an awful thing to say. I hope you're ok :hugs:

Thank you - I'm ok - I already feel like I let her down by not being able to keep her inside me but at least I wasn't having one of my really bad days today!

xx

:hugs::hugs: Mine is full term hun, & is suffering frm reflux since birth. It settled at around 7.5 mnths & until now we have bad days. U didnt let her down hun :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->