What pram do you have? Good or bad?

AndersonJohn

Reaction score
I am a university student conducting a study on advantages/limitations of modern pram designs.

It would be very helpful if pram owners could tell me what make/model they own and what you like and dislike about it.

What would you like to see added?
Any problems?

eg. manoeuvrability , ease of folding, storage (at home and in car, public transport), style, reliability, durability,materials.

Anything that works particularly well or that you dislike would be helpful.

Thankyou for your help!

I have the quinny buzz (3 wheeled one) and I absolutely adore it.
I'd like it to be a bit smaller. It's easy to put down, but you have to take the thing the baby sits/lies in off and it makes it really bulky and hard to carry around. If I had to fold it on a bus it'd be a lot of hassle! I have a small house so I haven't got anywhere to keep it so I have to keep it in the boot of my grandparents car.
It's really easy to push though. It also looks really cool (which was the main reason I bought it). It's very reliable. I'm so glad I bought it! =]

Hi there

I have the Quninny Buzz 4 & I too love it, it's easy to push, easy to put up & down, love the handle you can adjust, my LO's very comfy & has travelled on a plane with us with no problems. However, the basket at the bottom is too small & the back wheels are a little too wide, but apart from that, no complaints.

I have the Silvercross 3D travel system, I love it :)
it's so easy to manouvre (sp?) and the only thing i'd maybe want to change is the ease of folding it up, not sure if i'm just missing something obvious but it takes me two hands to fold it, whereas it says that it can be done with one hand x

Hi there

I have the Quninny Buzz 4 & I too love it, it's easy to push, easy to put up & down, love the handle you can adjust, my LO's very comfy & has travelled on a plane with us with no problems. However, the basket at the bottom is too small & the back wheels are a little too wide, but apart from that, no complaints.

I agree with all these points.

Would like to add something else - the seat in parent facing mode doesnt sit forward enough. I have to stuff a small cushion behind my daughters back she can sit forward & look around.

The Dreami-carrycot is lovely for young babies, very comfortable.

I have the ICandy Cherry in Fudge with all the trimmings. There is not one bad thing about it - light, not wide, easy to steer, easy to dismantle, easy to collapse, huge basket.

What I would like is more variety in colours and for it to have an adjustable handle for very tall people but that's it :)

Thank you for your comments, all as been noted, here's hoping we can correct all these things in our design.

I have the Jané Carrera Anniversario, i love it.

Everything about it is excellent, really well built, light, fits in the car.

V xxx

i have a babystyle s3d lux travel system (i think thats what its called) it has a huge carrycot, which i love and it has good steering, you can also face the seat bit towards you so you can see them. However... You have to take the carrycot /seat off to fold it, it takes 2hands too fold and is quite big

I have 2 Prams! The Mamas and Papas Ziko Herbie and The Silvercross 3D!

The Ziko Herbie is a lovely pram and really good to push, has excellemnt suspension and folds up easily and very small too, the back wheels also clip off to make it easier for those with small boots. The only disadvantage with the Ziko Herbie is that you have to remove the seat unit to fold it up which is awkward when travelling, but this can be resolved by purchasing the Mamas and Papas Pro Sleep Car seat which is compatible with the Chassis to make a travel system. ( I am awaiting delivery of my car seat now ).

The Silvercross is a beautiful pram folds very small too and it is easily converted from Pram to Stroller and can also be used with the Ventura Car seat to use as a travel system, the only bad point to the pram is that the raincover doesnt fit when you use it as a travel sytem and it is very heavy to lift.

i have the silvercross 3d lovely pram made well but heavy to lift in and out of the car

I have a Bugaboo Frog that Ive used for both of my children. It's great as it has a carry cot for when they are under 6 months and then converts to a pushchair. really easy to use and push one handed. Has 2 big wheels so good for all terrain...Love it even though it was pricey!!

I also have the quinny buzz 3, and i do really like it but it is quite hard work at times with the big back wheels, i find my self gettin caught in shop doors and catchin peoples feet in the supermarket, its also sometimes hard to push with the front swivel wheels, when they go out of line. I find it really easy to fold, and it fits nicely into my car boot. x

I have a Hauck Shopper 6. I hate it with a passion!
Pros - Light. Cheap. Basket reasonable size
Cons - cannot manouvre with 2 hands, let alone 1! Front bar sits on floor when folding, getting dirty. Mine creaks all the time - might be faulty though. Catch undoes when folded. Wheels have to face a certain way to fold but they don't naturally face that way. Cannot access basket when reclined. Brake gets in way when walking. When attaching carseat, it needs violently shoving onto brackets - not good with baby inside! Included carseat is very narrow, and not well padded.

I also have a Quinny Zapp. I'm not keen on this either!
Pros - light, folds really small. Looks nice.
Cons - straps don't go short enough by a looong way. Seat doesn't recline (was aware when bought, but it's a pain). Even when able to sit up well, baby slides down in the seat. No storage. Cannot put changing bag on the back. Tips too easily. Complicated fold mechanism. Logos come off really easily. Doesn't seem to secure when folded, unless I'm being dumb!

I have two pushchairs.

1) Mamas and Papa's Nuna ~

GOOD POINTS :Looks great. My son always looks really comfy in it and can look around really well. Easy to fold, very light and small (fits into a mini). Pushes and steers really well and has good suspension.

BAD POINTS: The base is too flat, I have had this stroller approx 4 months and it is seriously scratched on the base from steps and kerbs. You can't push this stroller on anything but tarmac/concrete and the front wheels don't lock. The shopping basket is too small and the hood is flimsy. The rain cover is really stupid. In fact, I can't put it on by myself, if I try it hits my son in the face..so if it rains and I'm by myself he gets wet. My daughter normally helps me put it on if she is about and even then it is fiddly and takes longer. I have actually stopped using this stroller because of this and because the materials are low quality and are fraying around the footrest. Mamas and Papas are going to fix this for me but I still intend to get rid. I would hate to get stuck in a hail storm with my baby and not be able to put his raincover on quickly to protect him. The stroller is also quite flimsy, you can't carry extra shopping bags and I always felt that the joints would snap if I tried.

2) Mamas and Papas Beat stroller ~

GOOD POINTS : Looks stylish, handy pocket on back, large stable hood, folds easy and the raincover is simple and quick to put on. It has a very large seat which fully reclines making it suitable from birth. Pushes lovely. This stroller is really stable and feels strong, I can carry a lot of bags on it. It's a tall pram which is good for me and taller mums and the handles have comfy foam grips.

BAD POINTS: I think my son slouches in it.

Hope this helps! If you need anymore pram reviews I have had a total of 13 prams with my son and 4 others with my daughter so just say the word :thumbup:

I have a Mothercare My3 and I LOVE it!

Good points-
- I love the way it looks and my baby looks so comfortable in it.
- My baby sleeps well in it, in pram or pushchair mode.
- Unlike some of the more expensive models the pram mode lasts for a long time.
- The carseat alone can be used on the pram chassis, I don't like the ones where the car seat is dumped inside the pushchair.
- It can be parent facing or forward facing whenever you decide.
- It is light and easy to steer.
- It's easy to change the seat unit from pram to pushchair mode.
- Easy to put up/take down.
-The handle can be adjusted up/down depending on your height.

Bad points-
-I have to take off the wheels to fit it in my Peugeot 107, but I have a feeling I would struggle to get any pram in the tiny boot anyway.
-A bigger basket to store stuff would be good.

I am a university student conducting a study on advantages/limitations of modern pram designs.

It would be very helpful if pram owners could tell me what make/model they own and what you like and dislike about it.

What would you like to see added?
Any problems?

eg. manoeuvrability , ease of folding, storage (at home and in car, public transport), style, reliability, durability,materials.

Anything that works particularly well or that you dislike would be helpful.

Thankyou for your help!

I have a silver cross linear freeway and love it. It is lovely to push, was gorgeous in pram mode with the pram cover. It looks like new a year on. It is very big but I don't mind as I have a bit car. The straps are rubbish though so we use a harness on LO and clip that to the pushchair.

I have a Bugaboo Cameleon and LOVE it! No negatives to it, love it love it love it!

Bugaboo Bee - overall I like it a lot, however at one point I seriously considered getting rid of it and finding something more sturdy. There was nothing else that fit my important criteria so well, so I kept it and I am glad I did because it's fine.

Pros:
- its weight and size - I have to carry it up 2 flights of stairs and store it on a landing, and it's nice and light and compact; also it fits in our small car boot and I don't feel like we are the ones with the tank when we take it on the bus
- it can be parent facing and outward facing
- it lies practically flat so good for newborns
- it's extremely manoevrable, which is great in shops

Cons:
- when new the folding mechanism was unbelievably stiff and it was so stressful for me and my husband, we actually ended up breaking the seat unit through weeks of forcing it (fortunately Bugaboo sent a replacement without any problem)
- it's actually quite small and I don't think it'll fit my son past age 2 (we have a 2009 model, I am aware that the new model is bigger)
- it sometimes feels flimsy, and this was my issue with it several months ago - I had a few "near miss" experiences where I got the front wheels stuck between a train and the platform at a station, and had to scream for help... I kept on looking at people with big sturdy pushchairs with big wheels and thinking that wouldn't have happened to them.
- if the front wheels are not locked (and it's not nearly as manoevrable if they are), going up and down kerbs can be a scary experience
- my son seems really "tied down" in the harness, like he isn't really sitting up even when the seat is in the most upward setting

for some reason I don't feel it's as flimsy in the outward facing position, this might be psychological, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->