• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what should I do about neighbours arguing? ?

B

bbkf

My neighbours get drunk and argue for hours in the middle of the night ALOT sometimes like 3 to 5 times a week last night it was from 12 till 6am. Its really annoying me now but I dunno wether to ring the police or knock on there door (there obviously drunk so I dont wanna get in a fight or something) or just bang on the wall? What would you do?

Ring the police, they can then log the situation so can intervene with the noise should it continue. Plus, it could be domestic violence and the arguments may spiral out of control. I hope you get it sorted, noisy neighbours are awful.

Wow how do people have the energy to argue that long and at that time? Maybe you could go round in the day, when they're not in the middle of the argument? Although, I probably wouldn't do that, you might be braver!

Otherwise I would call the police, or you should be able to contact your local council about noise complaints.

I used to have to deal with this but not to that extreme, but at least once or twice a month and an hour or 2 if screaming. Luckily for me they're on and off (more off right now!) so I don't have to deal with it. I've never said anything though, she's made a few cheeky remarks about Ben being noisy at 6am (I can't help when he has a tantrum!) so I see there's issues on both sides. It it was for that long though, I'd ring the police 100%

I can hear them arguing right now! Iv literally never seen them during the day I assume they sleep all day. I wanna ring the police but I dont want them to no it was me! It could onl be me or the people on the other side of them if it was occasionally I wouldn't care as everyone argues sometimes but there have been times where its every single night!

I would ring any way hun, they wont know for sure its you and any way you deserve sleep and it might stop them doing it again.

Do you know if they rent?

That's awful.

I would call the council-they usually have a noise pollution team that deals with this sort if thing. It's only open office hours around here, so outside of that you call the police.

Doesnt matter if they know it's you- they are in the wrong and ought to feel ashamed.
Xx

You can call the police as there's aggression going on.

Noise like music, parties, barking dogs etc the police won't attend - you have to report to noise pollution dept at the council. For fighting or arguing you can contact the police.

I'd start keeping a record of when and how long it happens each time, it might take a while to resolve but a diary should help your case.

Good luck!

As previously said, I'd keep a record and call the police. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"