What sling/wrap do you BF in?

superfrizbee

Love my princess & prince
Reaction score
I'm def getting a stretchy wrap for DS who is joining the family party in 10 weeks or so! I know in theory you can BF in one, but does it work in reality? Am I better off with a ring sling as well for that? I had a ssc with DD but nothing else, so baby wearing will be pretty new to me.

I have only successfully fed in a Connecta, I'm quite busty so block my son's nostrils if I'm not constantly holding myself back so I think I can now feed in the Connecta because he is a little older and can move himself into a better position more easily. There are some good tutorials on YouTube for bfing in a wrap though

I have tried in a stretchy wrap and ring sling but only managed in a mei tai by dropping her down and letting her head tilt back, the others seemed to squash her into me too much!

I never figured out feeding in my ring sling. I love the ergo for feeding but only once he was big enough not to use that stupid insert

I've fed this time in all of my slings-started with a stretchy, and now use a woven and a pod. I have nursed upright in all of them because I hate cradle carries and so do my babies! I found the ringsling not so great for feeding, as they can only get to one side! I reckon you'll be fine with the stretchy to start off, and see how you go from there :)

I feed in a Moby and my mei tai. With the wrap I have him in it as usual and just loosen it, scooch him down until he's boob level and lift my boob over my top. For a bit of privacy I tuck a folded muslin under the "straps" so that it covers the top of my chest and nothing is visible.

I do the same with the mei tai except the muslin goes over the side I'm feeding from rather than across my chest. I have a hood on the carrier so I tend to pull that across if I need to.

Stretchies are great for feeding, and so are ring slings, many SSCs, and wovens (unless you're doing a shoulder carry, get at least a size 5 or it's really awkward). :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->