What special dishes do you make for Christmas Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eve

Reaction score
We do the typical-

Turkey
Stove top stuffing (Boxed stuff)
Mashed potatoes
veggies like carrots
gravy

Last year I made a ham too and it was delish!

Dessert is usually pumpkin pie.

What special things do you make? I'm looking for new ideas this year as I am hosting the dinner here at our house :)

It's not Christmas without lots of pigs in blankets!! (Sausages wrapped in bacon)
:)

It's not Christmas without lots of pigs in blankets!! (Sausages wrapped in bacon)

Agree!!

I always do Christmas ham on Christmas eve, full dinner of pate/prawns for starter, full turkey dinner, and Christmas pudding with brandy sauce. Boxing day i do a buffet to use up the leftovers and a trifle and make a slow cooked turkey curry for tea lol

Last year we had loads! DH's plate was like a small mountain. We had:

Roast turkey
Carrots
Broccoli
Sprouts
Roast potatoes in goose fat
Pigs in blankets
Mashed potato
Baby potatoes
Yorkshire pudding
Sausage meat meatballs (I had never even heard of just buying a pack of sausage meat until DH informed me that he wanted some, I made it into meatballs and stuck them in the oven as I had no idea what else to do with it!)
Honey roast parsnips
all with homemade gravy.

Then we had Christmas pudding and custard for dessert, well, DH had chocolate gateaux.

So just a traditional turkey dinner really!

Oh Iove sausage meat balls!! I'm getting hungry now. Is it Christmas yet?

DH wants me to make him a ham that his mum used to make him with mustard and brown sugar. She passed away last year and he said it was too raw to have her ham last Christmas but has asked for it this year bit of pressure!!!

Just do the usual Christmas dinner turkey and the trimmings. I always get a chocolate log and after eight ice cream for pud.

We do a pretty traditional xmas dinner. I make a big ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, veggies, gravy, rolls, green bean casserole and for dessert we usually have a pecan pie and last year I made a Bailey's cheesecake which was delicious, I might do that again this year.

What are sprouts?

Everything sounds so yummy!!

We have:

Turkey
Ham
Mashed potatoes
Two kinds of stuffing
Veggies
Caesar salad
Meatballs
Gravy

Dessert is pumpkin pie and lots of sweets

We don't like turkey all that much so we got to the butchers for a gammon joint along with roast potatoes Yorkshire puddings carrots all topped with gravy and it's a rule we need chocolate cake with cream in this house
Oh I'm ready for my Christmas dinner now lol x

We have a traditional Xmas dinner but pudding is ideally a yule log or mince pies and cream. We have a cheese board too and plenty of chocolate too! X

i've never made a dinner before but i'm planning to just stay at home this year and make my own! luckily i will just be cooking for two kids who won't know the difference!

My nana used to make a yummy rice dish on xmas i wish she would have told me how to make it!
i'll just do the usual bits though with a trifle for dessert!

Agree!!

I always do Christmas ham on Christmas eve, full dinner of pate/prawns for starter, full turkey dinner, and Christmas pudding with brandy sauce. Boxing day i do a buffet to use up the leftovers and a trifle and make a slow cooked turkey curry for tea lol

I'm coming to your house. :xmas14:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back