What stops your nausea?

LostandFound

Reaction score
Wondering what solutions ladies are finding for helping the nausea. Recently, i've found that i want salt all the time. I spent a few weeks having far to many chips and crisps.... but just found that salted crispy Kale works just as well (with a fraction of the calories! Yay!)

Any other suggestions?

I ended up taking a pill my doc gave me cos mine was very severe. I went from vomiting 4 or 5 times in my first pregnancy, to 10 times in the first month of this pregnancy. Before that, the only thing that made me feel some relief was candy lol

Lots of ginger (crystallized ginger, ginger candies, ginger ale) helps, as well as never letting myself get truly hungry. If I keep my blood sugar in check, it does help.

High protein low carb, sugar makes me feel ill up to 3 hours after (eating bread noodles cereal etc). My doc said we're sensitive to spikes in blood sugar levels because of our changing hormones, I only really experienced ms when I ate high carb/high sugar foods.

High protein low carb, sugar makes me feel ill up to 3 hours after (eating bread noodles cereal etc). My doc said we're sensitive to spikes in blood sugar levels because of our changing hormones, I only really experienced ms when I ate high carb/high sugar foods.

I have DEFINITELY noticed this- more so than last pregnancy. I ate some chocolate trying to rid the nasty ms taste from my mouth and really regretted it. Feel much better with high protein/low carb as well. Am thankfully craving mostly healthy things but trying to keep a watchful eye on diet overall.

I have DEFINITELY noticed this- more so than last pregnancy. I ate some chocolate trying to rid the nasty ms taste from my mouth and really regretted it. Feel much better with high protein/low carb as well. Am thankfully craving mostly healthy things but trying to keep a watchful eye on diet overall.

Ist't it wierd? I totally thought I'd be craving ice cream but no, it makes me immediately feel puky. Same with chocolate! Might be a good thing:haha:

I don't drink sodas but I got diet ginger ale after reading the pregnancy book by the Mayo Clinic doctors. I drink it very cold after the gas is gone and it has helped.

I have to make sure I don't get hungry otherwise my nausea is bad watermelon is lovely to me at the moment to could eat it by the bucket load

Thy say ginger is a remody or somethin but i hate it so i have a ginger buiscuit has helped with all mine xx

I drink tea all day long...ginger, rose hip, hot lemon water, green tea after lunch ( just 1 cup), cinnamon David's tea, it helps curb the growls tummy.

For me.. It's anything I can grab asap and shove in my mouth.. Ha! I carry sweets with me now, little oranges, biscuits etc. I gag once.. Twice.. Then I know I HAVE to eat something straight away else it's game over..

The only thing that helped last time was meds from the doctor, I was sick about 10 times a day for 32 weeks, then it went down to daily and weekly with meds.
This time I'm going to take meds from the get go if it's like that again! Unfortunately things like ginger etc didn't even come close to helping.
I did wear anti sickness bands all day while at work in the early days which helped a small amount. Also I had to eat alllll the time, as soon as I was a tiny but hungry I'd be instantly sick :-(

Try Gin-Gins. They are a gummy/taffy candy that is 10% ginger.

Ginger anything and sour stuff. If i get hungry i get so sick and miserable and irritated it's unbelievable! I don't even realize I'm hungry until it's too late! And then i get sick after eating it's ridiculous

Food normally, however sometimes I think dehydration is the cause as fluids can help. Also tiredness makes mine worse, so extra sleep helps. I usually feel loads better if I have been for a long walk in the fresh air so I walk rather than drive when I can. I'm almost 11 weeks and I thought it would have disappeared by now, but no. Definitely better though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->