What to do with a 2 year old

T

Tilly

Im going mad, I am so bored and fed up of my same old daily routine. It seems to consist of breakfast, get dressed, go for a walk/to the park/the kids play area, come home for lunch, bethanie nap, bethanie wake up and watch some tv, do some colouring or play doh.

She must be bored, because I bloody am! I do love taking her to the park etc just to see her little smile and excitement, but not EVERY day.

Any ideas for new fun things?? what do you all do to break up the day?

kids love routine hun, makes them feel safe :)

depends on how much "mess" your allowed to make
potato printing
indoor sand pit
egg and spoon race (with a plastic ball)
draw a crown on a piece of paper get bathanie to colour it in/stick stuff on then cut it out and tape it (voila princess bathanie :) )
hide and seek (obviously you hide to minimise accidents lol)

x

Ah, I know routine is good.. to some extent - it's more the activities being same old that get me down and leave me feeling guilty as I feel I don't play with her enough!! Oh by the way, I forgot to say we do painting too.

It's not my house so the indoor sand pit is a no no ;) will have to wait until summer in her outdoor one.. great ideas though, thank you.

my daughter loves indoor picnics 0 get her to help make the food in the morning (some novelty type party food) then spread it all out of a rug. this keep her amused most of the afternoon as well

sophie

Swimming, they will have a Little Swimmers or Little Ducklings at your local pool.

Playgroups, where she can get nice and messy.

Or 1 day a week in a local nursery, then u get to do an adult thing.

V xxx

My LO is only 5 months, but I used to be a nanny so I'll tell you a some of the projects I did with the 2 year old I watched.
-get a roll of sugar cookie doe and roll it our and let them use cookie cutters, then decorate them together when they are baked.
-we made edible play doe (he added the ingredients that I already measured, "finished" the mixing, and added the food coloring)
-made and hung up bird feeder (let them put some peanut butter on a pine cone with some seeds and then they get to pick which branch to hang it on and you tie it)
-make a shaker (give them an empty pringles can to paint/decorate, give them some beads or beans to put inside-you could also do 2 paper plate or bowls stapled together which may be easier to decorate- and then let them shake it and dance and play music)
-Cut out pictures from magazines and get stickers and let them glue/stick them onto a piece of paper or paper plate)
-Foam stickers, they are absolute favs! Just let then put them on a piece of paper, or paper plate and then they can even color over it with markers. (https://www.craftsetc.com/store/ite...&IsOnSale=0&IsFeatured=0&IsNew=0&ItemId=51531)
-hide and seek (just let them know where they aren't allowed to hide)
-hot/cold (hide something and if they far from is say cold and if they are getting closer say warm and if they're real close say hot, etc.)
-swat the flys (winkle up some black paper into little balls, scatter them around and give your 2 year old a flyswatter and they can smack at the pieces of paper-just no swatting at people!)

hope these help!

I was going to suggest a lot of the arts and crafts stuff. There are likely play groups around you too or maybe a storytime at the library or swimmng lessons we also have play gym here at our local rec center. The picnic one is a good idea too, I did that as a kid as my mom had daycare. you can try baking with her too (saves $$ so you don't have to buy treats)

Rhys activities include:

going out to park/play area/playgroup
painting, finger painting and potato printing
playdough
glueing and sticking
colouring
shapes, colours and numbers, (flashcards and sticking shapes on paper)
singing songs like wheels on the bus and 5 little ducks so he can do actions
baking (bread/cakes/pies) or making choccy ricecrispie squares
helping me clean with his toy cleaning set
playing in his ball pool
'find the ducks' is a game like an easter egg hunt but with rubber ducks, i put them around the room and he has to find them all to get a sweetie
helping me make lunch then eating it
playing on his rocking horse

ill add more as i think...

At the risk of sounding stupid can I ask whar potato printing is. I like doing various different things with Eleanor who is coming up 4 in May but I often run out of ideas too. Good thread Tilly

x

u get a poatoto and cut it in half, and carf different shapes on to them and dip them in to paint

Is there a moms group you could join? Or maybe the library for a story reading? I do those things with some of the kids I take care of. Gymboree, Music classes, all for toddlers or even sometimes movie theaters do like kid movies in mid morning for like a dollar. Don't know if you have that stuff around, but helps break up the monotonous.

u get a poatoto and cut it in half, and carf different shapes on to them and dip them in to paint

Ah simple really eh :)

Thanks I might give that a go :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back