What to do?!?

starburst_90

Reaction score
Good evening everyone, i have only just signed up to this so i apologise if this doesn't come out the way i want it to.

I'm after some advice and after searching the internet for stories like mine and not succeeding, i've decided to start my own thread so i can explain my situation.

I've been with my partner for almost 4 years and it wouldn't be a problem if i got pregnant but we aren't madly trying either. See, i was on the microgynon pill for 3 years when we first got together back in 2007 but had to come off due to abnormal bleeding from the cervix due to the oestrogen levels. The doctor then put me on cerazette which i started on the 9th August for 2 months but decided to come off because the side effects were too much and i had had enough of them.

I had to wait 8 weeks for a period finally coming on on the 6th December which lasted the normal 5 days. As it is now 4th January and i havent had another period, i'm actually 2 days late. I have been feeling a few symptoms from weeing alot to mild nausea (without sickness) and went extremely dizzy today for a short moment to the extent where i thought i was going to fall over. Could this be a sign of early pregnancy?

I did take a test this afternoon that was negative but thought it may not have been reliable as it was the middle of the afternoon and i'm only 2 days late. Since coming off cerazette, my partner and i have been using the withdrawal method with no other contraception. Can anybody shed some light on what could be happening here?

Thankyou.

Starburst

Hi Starburst,

I'm no expert, but I know how frustrating it can be coming off the pill, and so wanted to reply. I've only ever been on microgynon, but I imagine that symptoms can be the same with cerazette.

All I know is that in the months after coming off the pill, I had many symptoms that seemed to mimic pregnancy symptoms that weren't.

The other thing is, it may take a while for your cycles to regulate. Coming off the pill so far my cycles have been 39 days, 35, 29, and then 34. So, maybe your cycle just hasn't regulated yet.

Also, the withdrawal method seems to be pretty effective in preventing pregnancy. So, it may well be that your period will show up in a few days.

I hope you get an answer either way though!

I had to come off of cerazette because while on it it was giving me all of those symptoms!
Id be out shopping or something and come over all funny....and feel sick shortly sfter taking it in the mornings....it may be different but they took me off it and I was fine.....maybe you are having the symptoms as it is coming out of your system?

Thankyou guys. I will keep my eye on it and see what happens. Apart of me is hoping i have a little person inside but like you say my period may just be around the corner.

Thankyou for your replies. Fingers crossed to everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->