What to drink when you're feeling nauseous?

Kat05

Reaction score
I stopped drinking coffee :( Ever since I got pregnant, I couldn't have a nice cup of coffee.

I don't like sweet drinks, making me feel sick. Ginger ale now apparently too sweet for me! I can't have any pops (they're too sweet now). I never drank pop before. I tried ginger ale, hoping to sooth my nausea...but nope, too sweet now. My taste is not the same now. I can't have plain water. I only drink water for taking my vitamins.

Oh boy... what do you ladies drink when you're feeling nausea??

I've just made a pitch of lemonade (I hope it won't make me feel sick). :wacko:

It is literally exhausting, lol. I'm going to kill my husband now :p 3 kids is enough!! LOL!

Sorry for this vent :blush:

i was horribly sick with my other two. i drank orange gatorade, a little watered down. not sure if this would be too sweet for you though, but i did mix in water so it wasnt as concentrated the flavor. haha good luck, i know it sucks.

my father in law always drinks an arnold palmer: half lemonade, half iced tea. would that make the lemonade less sweet for you so you dont feel as sick? just a suggestion. i know its hard i want to help ya!!!

I'm the same. It took me ages to get me used to drinking plain water as I've never liked it and now I can't stomach it at all. I can manage a cup of tea just about but don't really want to drink more than one a day. I have to take my tablets with a sip of coke or they come back up but I can't drink a lot of coke as it's too sweet. Can't stand the taste of squash at the moment.

Stalking for ideas.

i was horribly sick with my other two. i drank orange gatorade, a little watered down. not sure if this would be too sweet for you though, but i did mix in water so it wasnt as concentrated the flavor. haha good luck, i know it sucks.

Oh! I shall try the Gatorade drink! Why haven't I thought of that? lol This might work :) So far, the lemonade drink is ok! :thumbup:

I'm the same. It took me ages to get me used to drinking plain water as I've never liked it and now I can't stomach it at all. I can manage a cup of tea just about but don't really want to drink more than one a day. I have to take my tablets with a sip of coke or they come back up but I can't drink a lot of coke as it's too sweet. Can't stand the taste of squash at the moment.

Stalking for ideas.

Yes, the water is making me feel sick too! :( I usually have my tea with a slice of lemon. I must have lemon in my tea.

Coke I can't have it -- it is too sweet now :nope:

yeah, get whatever flavor you like best (for me it is orange thats just why i mentioned it although they do have some others that i like better now, like the riptide rush (purple) and a blue frost one.. haha if you try it and it doesnt agree, try adding some water to "soften" the flavor, thats what worked for me. and it gives you electrolytes...bonus! keep me updated!

I found the Twinings Lemon and Ginger tea a life saver during my morning sickness. I found it was good hot but also cold as well :)

Lemon Water has been great for me. Especially to get a lemon, cut it up, make a pitcher of water and let it sit in the refrigerator. It is so good. Plus, it keeps you hydrated like you need to be.

Drinks with lemon and I have been calming down the MS a bit with mint tea as well. Lemon seems to do a good job! I have heard of mixing some apple cider vinegar in with water and that helps the MS but I haven't tried it. I usually do feel better after eating salad with a homemade dressing with a lemon or vinegar base.

You try some ginger tea to help settle your tummy, many people find mint can also help.

I drink water but put lemon juice in it. I sometimes drink plain water but not to much anymore it seems to make me feel like I'm going to be sick.

I found carbonated water very soothing. Those little bubbles made me feel less nauseated.

My mom told me to drink Decaf Tea with a little sugar when I am nauseous and it seems to help. I drink it by the gallon. She works at a high risk pregnancy office and the doctors told her that was safe for me to drink as long as it was decaf.

Carbonate water also helped me also with flat sprite helped with nausea.

Apple and blackcurrant squash for me. I can't drink any hot drinks now and I used to be a tea addict. I also pour a small glass of ginger ale to sip through the day but I'm not keen on it.

Gatorade is a good one. I was big on electrolyte drinks with dd.

This time I'm going for sparkling water (lemon flavored), and I found some lightly sparkling water (raspberry flavored) and both helped for a while. I outgrew the lemon flavored sparkling water a while back hopefully I won't need the other one in a few weeks once the placenta takes over!

I have HG so have had difficulty finding something I can drink without throwing it up. For some reason, lime juice and lemonade does the trick. Other than that, really weak orange or blackcurrant cordial are ok, and sometimes it just has to be plain water.

I had and still have the same thing. The only things I can drink is half a cup of tea in the mornings...was sprite/7up for a while and now its trop 50 watered down with a lot of water so I dont get heartburn x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->